Help with purchasing IV on eBay...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SyloBoogie29

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been a Dual Rect. owner for a few years now, and I realized that its time to get a real sounding amp. Hence my search for a MKIV short head (and a c+, but ill stick with the IV for now) :D . I've been searching eBay (as there are no real guitar boutique stores near me), and I think I found a good one, however the Buy It Now price is $1,600, which is about $300 to high (from what i've read in the forum). I have called Boogie and had them look up the serial #, which they said has never been serviced before, and it is a '98. My only concern with the amp is that the seller is not the original owner, which for some reason makes me nervous.

Also, since every iv after 94 or so is a B, wouldnt it make sense to try go get one from 2000+ ? How does the year affect the value ? If any of you have any input on this, or any general info, it certainly is much appreciated.

The link for the iv is http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mar...6|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50 incase anyone wants to check it out.

Thanks to every1 in advance!

BTW, if anyone is in South Florida, send me a message! I've been living here for 3 years already and haven't found one person who can really play !!!

Contact him thru the "Ask the seller a question" link and make him an offer. You may be surprised. Plus, if he sells off-eBay, he won't have to pay the eBay final-value fees, about $69 on a $1300 sale. Use Paypal, and make sure he sends you a "request for payment" before you send him money (if the sale is off-eBay).
I don't think the year matters as much as the condition. This one looks pretty clean. But ask about issues, like does the foot switch still attach to the back?, etc.

Thanks a lot for your words. I totally didnt think of asking about pedal connecting to the back. Also, I was wondering this recently.. How close do u think the mkV can be to a real IV or IIC+? I mean, a RK series 2 clean is close to a lone star, but its still not there.... I wud assume that a V would have to be the same, also, I hate the fact that only 1 channel has the C+ and IV. I know its off topic, im just trying to figure where my money is best spent. All your feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

SyloBoogie29 said:
Thanks a lot for your words. I totally didnt think of asking about pedal connecting to the back. Also, I was wondering this recently.. How close do u think the mkV can be to a real IV or IIC+? I mean, a RK series 2 clean is close to a lone star, but its still not there.... I wud assume that a V would have to be the same, also, I hate the fact that only 1 channel has the C+ and IV. I know its off topic, im just trying to figure where my money is best spent. All your feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
As far as the Mark V, I'm going to wait and see. Let someone else be the guinea pig and work out the bugs. In a year, they'll be on eBay at half the retail price.
I wouldn't assume anything. I'm sure you will find folks on here that own a IIC+ and will never admit the Mark V comes close. Some others won't care. I prefer Mark IIIs myself. I own or have owned a Stiletto Ace, Express, DC-2, Mark IV, Maverick. Still prefer Mark IIIs, but that's just me. I'm used to the amp, have gigged it weekly for 20 years, know how it works. It's like an old comfortable pair of shoes.
The Mark IV sounded good, but I ended up spending all my "tweak-time" trying to get it to sound like my Mk III, so why bother?
Too many knobs for the same result. Your mileage may vary.

MrMark,

Thanks so much for your info. I think your 10000000% correct in saying that ppl with a Iv or iic+ will say the V doesn't come anywhere close, and i was thinking last nite, its never worth getting anything the first year they come out, whether its a car, or music equip. I wouldn't be surprises if they make a series 2 in a year or 2, like they did with the RK. I put an offer at 1300 with an off ebay transaction like you said. 1600 seems too high, esp. after the V was released, and also, in this economy. If I win it, great, if not, there will be others on ebay soon.

I've never played a mkiii but ive heard great things. I miss living in NY where there are 1000 boutique amp shops, the only thing down here in FL is a guitar center and theres two 75 miles apart ! P.S. The guitar guys dont know ****.... I was playing a MM BFR, and a sales rep asked me how I liked the floyd rose... enough said.

Back