HELP WITH NEW MARK IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASON350

Reaction score
Finally after waiting for months today I got my first mark iv.
Sounds awesome

I’m trying to dial metallica black album or master of puppets. Can you guys share some settings i haven’t been able to get the right tone.
Thanks

JASON350 said:
Finally after waiting for months today I got my first mark iv.
Sounds awesome

I’m trying to dial metallica black album or master of puppets. Can you guys share some settings i haven’t been able to get the right tone.
Thanks

I have a Mark III, so I really can't share any settings other than you may want to start off by going with the classic v pattern on the graphic EQ and tweak from there.

As with the Mark III's, give it time to get to know the amp. I imagine it's the same with Mark IV's.

There's an entire thread dedicated to Metallica settings. Check out the settings database on the front page of the website as well. You might also want to be James Hetfield.

Just a head's up. As you may see or have already seen in this forum, the Mark IV is one of the trickiest amps to dial in the right sound you want. You can get almost any sound you want out of it, but you have to read the instructions and keep playing with it. As said above, just look at the database for Metallica like tones. I mostly use the GEQ "V" pattern just turn up the treble and bass with a little bit of mids (don't take the mids out completely). Hope that helps and the best of luck. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! You're gonna love that amp! May I ask how many months you had to wait? I'm wondering what they did with my order because I'm going on 5 months. Bad part is I hear about people getting their custom Mark IV's who ordered theirs after I did!

with mark series amps remember to keep bass low (from 1 to 3) and treble quite high (from 7 to 9) on the lead channel for a heavy, full but not muddy distortion; mid level isn't really so important to achieve a basic tone, but maybe you want to keep them under 5. Then, V shape on the graphic as already suggested.

Tell me what guitar and pickups you are using. EMG's would help if you want to get the Black or MOP tone. Since you just got your Mark IV you shouldn't rush things. Read over the manual to get an idea of how to set everything up.

WOW GOOD INFO THANKS ALOT EVERYONE.

man i'm in love with this amp. yeah the heart of the sound its in the eq. i'm working today so i didn't get a chance to play with it a lot.
its hard to adjust the treble, gain and overdrive to get a rich and tight sound with out getting a little of sss like sound when not playing, it may be my cables also.
the clean rh1 with chorus and delay sounds awesome

dude i bought it from guitarcenter and i waited like 1-2 months.

fpoon said:
Tell me what guitar and pickups you are using. EMG's would help if you want to get the Black or MOP tone. Since you just got your Mark IV you shouldn't rush things. Read over the manual to get an idea of how to set everything up.

EMGs were NOT NOT NOT used on MOP. What you're hearing on the rhythm tracks are Gibson 500Ts

metalblitz84 said:
Just a head's up. As you may see or have already seen in this forum, the Mark IV is one of the trickiest amps to dial in the right sound you want. You can get almost any sound you want out of it, but you have to read the instructions and keep playing with it. As said above, just look at the database for Metallica like tones. I mostly use the GEQ "V" pattern just turn up the treble and bass with a little bit of mids (don't take the mids out completely). Hope that helps and the best of luck. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote
can you give me a link to the metallica data base. i searched for metallica like sounds and metallica tone. metallica alone but nothing

metalblitz84 said:
Just a head's up. As you may see or have already seen in this forum, the Mark IV is one of the trickiest amps to dial in the right sound you want. You can get almost any sound you want out of it, but you have to read the instructions and keep playing with it. As said above, just look at the database for Metallica like tones. I mostly use the GEQ "V" pattern just turn up the treble and bass with a little bit of mids (don't take the mids out completely). Hope that helps and the best of luck. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote
can you give me a link to the metallica data base. i searched for metallica like sounds and metallica tone. metallica alone but nothing

metalblitz84 said:

Back