Help With My New AMP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESP1986PRS

Reaction score
Today I got my new Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and got it home and plugged it in to my 2x12 Rectifier Cab and went to channel 2 & 3 and used Modern on each Channel and fixed the EQ's and set the gain all the way up and only sound I got was a Low and Clean sound on Channel 2 & 3. I don't know what happened but it's kinda wierd and I can't call Mesa because it's Friday and there closed until Monday, what do you guy's think happened.

I would say to go back, make a check list, and try it all over again. Double check your cables, and make sure that you have speaker cables running to your cab, not guitar/instrument cables.

Look at ALL of your switch settings, both front and back panels.

Make sure that your cab is connected to the proper ohm level on your amp.

Check your volumes on your master.

If you have your footswitch connected, make sure that the switch on the back is turned to footswitch and then select your channel.

Are the booties off of the tubes? It won't affect your sound, but you'll sure know by the burnt smell, if they are still on the tubes.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. I hope that helps a little. Sometimes its just something basic.

Check your guitar. My Ibanez toggle is going bad and sometimes I lose almost all my distortion, flip the toggle a few and it's rippin again. Hope this helps.

dual rec said:
Check your guitar. My Ibanez toggle is going bad and sometimes I lose almost all my distortion, flip the toggle a few and it's rippin again. Hope this helps.

About a week ago I bought a my new guitar and played at guitar center through a Spider II 1x12 and it sound kind weird and got it and played it through my Dual Recto, and like I Said before only a clean or no sound I Took it back to see what they would say, they played it through some Amp and they got no sound so I just returned it and got A real nice Epiphone Les Paul guitar, got it home and Hit a Power Chord and almost Creamed My Pants :twisted: it was Great so thanks for all your help, I'm going to play my new Dual best Amp I've ever played. Peace :D

ESP1986PRS I'm glad that you're up running. I should've mentioned the guitar, too, when I was talking about the amp. I've heard a lot of problems coming out of Ibanez with their electronics and experienced it myself. I had purchase one of their acoustic electrics for a birthday gift for my other half's daughter, and the jack and tuner was bad. That was coming fresh out of an unsealed box. I ended up exchanging it, because she really liked the guitar, but I won't buy Ibanez again, because this seems to be a regular issue with them. Sometimes you get a good one, and sometimes not.

Hey Brewski, you need a bright pink guitar, maybe with some Paisley's? I hear thats the way to go

Is this a trick question? :wink: You bet I'd take that Fender (pink paisley's and all) any day over a guitar the one that I had to send back.

Latest posts

Back