Help with my Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fronzil

Reaction score
I play a Jackson KE-1F with a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge, into a MXR carbon copy delay, then into my Mark IV and mesa recto 2x12 with v30s...im basically happy as a pig rollin in **** when it comes to my clean (rhym 1), distorted rhythm (rhym 2) sounds..but im trying to get my lead tone (not lookin for the exact 'petrucci' tone here, but more in that general direction compared to where i am now i think) a little more smoother, fatter, etc..got my first gig with my mark IV this sunday, so i wanna have that tone ready as I'm the lead guitarist!! so, any settings recommendations? (including the simul class and pentode switch, and full power / tweed switch) also, would something like a MXR GT OD or a similar type OD pedal (tube screamer, bb preamp etc) really do that much to finishing off my lead tone? dont get me wrong, the tone i have now is the best i've ever heard coming right from an amp, but is an OD pedal that little extra punch in the face im lookin for?

Go on youtube and search "petrucci rig". He has a couple of videos there that walk you through his live setup and the effects he uses. It gave me a few new ideas. Also when all else fails equalizers save the day.

Back