HELP WITH MARK IV CLEAN

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASON350

Reaction score
HOW CAN I GET THE JC 120 CLEAN CHORUS ON A MARK IV. IS THERE A PEDAL THAT I CAN USE. I WANT TO GET THAT CLEAN SOUND OF ONE BY METALLICA

Hey dude, I have THE black album clean tone if that's helpful???
I use some chorus and delay. I'll give you my settings as soon as I can, I simply use a Yamaha fx500 preset effect, sounds way good! hehe
Get back to u soon

Just get a really good processor. You can either go cheap with a boss chorus or even better the dxr chorus. Or, you can go with a more expensive effects processor with everyone like a TC Electronics G Major. Good luck and enjoy!!!

YEAH I'VE THOUGH ABOUT THE G MAJOR, WHAT DO YOU USE TO CHANGE PRESETS , I MEAN DOES IT COME WITH A FOOT SWITCH OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT OR WHAT CAN I USE?

You have to use a midi controller to change patches on the g-major, but the upside is, you can use the switch out on the g-major to change your channels on your mark iv.

i have a rocktron interflex and i control with a midi board from behringer.. with the gain set at about 8 and a really nice chorus/reverb over it and it sounds amazing.. very very clean and clear

I use a Boss GT-6 through the effects loop and get some great sounds with it. I like the EQ section on the unit as well. In my opinion the MKIV needs some extra EQ to help with it's thinner sound. Oh boy, I hope I didn't just open a can of debate. :wink:

LOL I agree with you... either that or more cabinets.

That was my beef a few weeks ago when I went on a rant and startld looking at Marshalls. I wasn't happy with the way the amp thinned out as I increased the volume. But I tried the Marshalls and I hate that sound... it's generic. I like the raspy sound (ala... Tender Surender by Steve Vai) the MKIV's get. I have an old 10 band DOD graphic EQ I was thinking of trying but I don't want to connect junk to my amp.

srf399 said:
LOL I agree with you... either that or more cabinets.

That was my beef a few weeks ago when I went on a rant and startld looking at Marshalls. I wasn't happy with the way the amp thinned out as I increased the volume. But I tried the Marshalls and I hate that sound... it's generic. I like the raspy sound (ala... Tender Surender by Steve Vai) the MKIV's get. I have an old 10 band DOD graphic EQ I was thinking of trying but I don't want to connect junk to my amp.

thats where pentode comes into play!!!

Pentode will fix that? I can't fire up my amp loud tonight but will try it tomorrow night. I don't need it any punchier... I need it fuller. My understanding reading the manual is that pentode adds punch.

srf399 said:
Pentode will fix that? I can't fire up my amp loud tonight but will try it tomorrow night. I don't need it any punchier... I need it fuller. My understanding reading the manual is that pentode adds punch.

try it pentode tweed aclass for low volumes and full simlu for high volume..

When I had a Mark IV I put a Mullard reissue in V1 and the clean became the most amazing clean I've ever played.

Back