Help: Tremoverb combo w/212?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabweiland

Reaction score
Will it work? I'm runnin' an Orange Rocker 30 through a Marshall Vintage 4x12. I'm ALWAYS lookin' into Tremoverbs, BUT I wanna stack sound if need be. So the question is can I run the Tremoverb through another 2x12 utilizing all four speakers and will it be comparable to my 4x12 w/V30s?
Thanks.

Would love to, but what will I run my Orange through?

Hmmm...not sure what your are asking.

Are you looking for a Trem-o-verb combo and get a 2x12 extension cabinet to go with it? If that is what you are looking for, it would certainly work provided you match the impedance of the cabs to the output of the amp. For example...if the combo speakers are wired at 8ohms, and you buy an extension cab that is also 8ohms, then you have a 4 ohm load. If you run 2 matching cabs, the ohm load is cut in half. IE.... 2 16ohm cabs run at 8ohms, 2 8s at 4 ohms and 2 4ohm cabs will run at 2 ohms.

I don't own the combo so I can't tell you what the speakers are wired for.

Good luck.

edgarallanpoe said:
Buy my Tremoverb head and run it through the 4X12 cab you have. :p

Where is a good place online to buy/sell/trade amps and gear? I don't wanna break any rules here by asking any of those "golden questions." Thanks guys.

Back