Help please?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDIT: ugh my phone is being wierd and posting my messages more than once... sorry for the double post.

Hey 2 good amps for what you seem to be looking for would be Peavey 5150 or Marshall DSL50 they can both wail with the metal and do some nice cleans and used they should make it in your budget.

DaveBorn2Rock said:
Hey 2 good amps for what you seem to be looking for would be Peavey 5150 or Marshall DSL50 they can both wail with the metal and do some nice cleans and used they should make it in your budget.

I didn't know that the 5150 or DSL50 had good cleans. ill try to check those out as well.

The 5150 has terrible cleans, man, worse than a DR.

DSL50's a very solid used amp bargain tonally speaking, though Marshall build quality and components are not good and used Marshalls are really a crapshoot.

CoG said:
The 5150 has terrible cleans, man, worse than a DR.

DSL50's a very solid used amp bargain tonally speaking, though Marshall build quality and components are not good and used Marshalls are really a crapshoot.

****, mislead...

Ok. in that case i shall still look for a used Nomad 55 or a Mark III. those could definately do what i want, correct?

That is just my opinion, though. DSLs really do sound good but many used Marshalls have been thrashed pretty bad and they can't handle it like an older Peavey or Boogie can.

Saving money and playing as many amps as you can is your best plan right now, don't get too attached to the idea of a specific amp...

CoG said:
That is just my opinion, though. DSLs really do sound good but many used Marshalls have been thrashed pretty bad and they can't handle it like an older Peavey or Boogie can.

Saving money and playing as many amps as you can is your best plan right now, don't get too attached to the idea of a specific amp...

Okay dude, will do.

Right now as I am 15 (even though i have a great job at as a surf camp instructor), I cannot get paid until next year (16 years for legal work). then I'll make a lot of money a week and be able to buy a great amp in no time! So only one more year... and then i can get something awesome!

Latest posts

Back