Help me pick a rack effects unit.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LnTh

Reaction score
Ok here's my requirements.

1) Max price = $200 US dollars
2) Effects don't have to be STATE OF ART. As long as they are usable, or pretty good, it's ok. I'm not looking for anything KICKASS for that price. Something that will get the job done will be ok.
3) I wanna be able to use multiple effects at the same time.
4) GOOD DELAY. The most important effect is the delay so i want that to be very good.
5) MIDI= I'm a rack noob so this might come as default but if not, I want it to be midi switchable. Meaning, one tap to the behringer midi footswitch and i get my desired patch on triaxis with desired modes on 2:90 and desired effects active on the effects unit..
6) Effects I definately need are = delay/pitchshifter/chorus. Everything else is a plus but these three are needed for sure.

So... Whats a good brand/model i can buy?

Thanks in advance

I don't think this thread should be in effects... I want a RACK effects unit. I don't want pedals. mkaaay? Please move me back or explain why it has to be like this.

Another suggestion: Find a used Boss SE-70. These are half-rack wide and include a full complement of delay, reverb, multi-tap, chorus, phaser, OD / distortion and pitch shift effects, and multi-effects, even reverse sampling. Boss stopped making these a couple years ago. They offered a similar unit (I forget the model number) more recently, but it was less guitar oriented in my opinion.

The fidelity at the very high frequency end of the spectrum is not quite up to studio standards, but you can't tell the difference through a guitar speaker, and you can find these for $100 to $150 bucks. New they cost something like $450. They show up at Guitar Center occasionally, and on e-Bay.

Latest posts

Back