Help! Mark V channel 3 LED light

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellong

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Would appreciate any feedback or help with regards to my problem.

Recently, the brightness of the channel 3 LED on the front of my Mark V seems have to reduced. On occasions you can faintly make out that it’s lit, sometimes it seems that it isn’t even lit! (one and a half year old)

Channel 1 and 2 works fine.

It doesn’t seem to affect the tone in anyway.

Hoping someone out here on the forum who might have encountered the same problem or know of can chip in. I would love to bring it in to a MB dealer to take a look, unfortunately, I live in a country where there are no MB dealers.

Appreciate any help and inputs!

kellong said:
Hi everyone!

Recently, the brightness of the channel 3 LED on the front of my Mark V seems have to reduced. On occasions you can faintly make out that it’s lit, sometimes it seems that it isn’t even lit! (one and a half year old)

Hoping someone out here on the forum who might have encountered the same problem or know of can chip in. I would love to bring it in to a MB dealer to take a look, unfortunately, I live in a country where there are no MB dealers.

Had the same issue with one of mine. It was cured by a tube swap. Not sure which tube because the LED righting itself was a pleasant side effect of fixing another tube related issue.

I'm got the same problem after 2 week. Now the channel 3 led is dead all time, but i did'nt try a tube swap.

skracus said:
Had the same issue with one of mine. It was cured by a tube swap. Not sure which tube because the LED righting itself was a pleasant side effect of fixing another tube related issue.

Did you swap all tubes?

kellong said:
Hi everyone!

Did you solved your problem?

Same thing happened on my Ch2 light. The LED was replaced and the light worked afterwards. Easy fix! :wink:

Mine did the same thing at about 2 months old. For a couple of weeks sometimes it was bright when I first turned on the amp then went dark or it never came on but the amp worked I even did a job with it. Then at home the amp made an odd crackling sound and died. I took it to the Mesa Hollywood shop. They fixed the light and he did find something else but I cannot remember what. Been fine ever since.

Latest posts

Back