Help!!! Mark IV short head / mark III short head: SAME SIZE?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmaster21

Reaction score
Hi guys, please help me i need you! I have a mark IV short combo, and i want to make build a mark IV short head to insert the combo's circuit in. (i prefere the short head, i hate combos, but i bought it because the price was very low). Anyway there is a guy who makes this kind of job. He told me that he has the sizes of the mark III short head, so he asked me if the mark IV short head size is the same....PLEASE, could you tell me if they have the same size??

Here is their prototype of mark III:
Mark%20III%20dopo2.jpg

MarkIII%20dopo.jpg

Behind..
Mark%20III%20dopo3.jpg

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Perfect!! But also the size of the space where to insert the circuit? (the height, and the width).

metalmaster21 said:
Perfect!! But also the size of the space where to insert the circuit? (the height, and the width).

Yup, they are identical. The screw spacing/size has not changed since the Mark IIB's, so those will fit as well.

However, in case you didn't notice, this head cabinet is a bit taller than the standard Mark heads.

Yes, true, he told me that because of the customer's choice, he made it just a little bit taller.

Octavarius said:
metalmaster21 said:

Yup, they are identical. The screw spacing/size has not changed since the Mark IIB's, so those will fit as well.

I think the IIC and later amps are the same, and the IIB is a different boltpattern.

Also remember you won't have a place to put the footswitch if you install a IV chassis into a III box.

the boltpattern could be a little different.........
better drill the holes yourself together with the amp chassis you want to use....

for example my MK2+amp has very tight fit in a Mk4 combo shell, the mounting is only possible together with the shus shock mount feature (some more flexibility)
but the other way, MK4amp to 2C+ head shell, no chance...to much difference with the mounting holes.......

mk-user said:
the boltpattern could be a little different.........
better drill the holes yourself together with the amp chassis you want to use....

for example my MK2+amp has very tight fit in a Mk4 combo shell, the mounting is only possible together with the shus shock mount feature (some more flexibility)
but the other way, MK4amp to 2C+ head shell, no chance...to much difference with the mounting holes.......

I believe this is incorrect. Maybe Ed will clarify?

Back