Help!!! Mark IIC+ Simul-class head with EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An eq has a couple of parameters that makes it do what it does, and that is:
Band; that choose the frequenzy.
Gain; how much or less you want of that frequenzy.
Type of filter; in graphic eq they are referred to bandpass or notch I guess. There is low shelf and hi shelf as well as low pass and hi pass.
And Q (quality) factor, which controls the bandwidth of the filter. the higher Q factor, the narrower area of the actual band is processed.

All this parameters together does quite much of controlling the sound, and I would say that almost all eq's will sound different.
Take into account that the onboard boogie Eq has 5 bands, and the Boss Geq 7 has 7 bands, they will sound different.
When it comes to the Eventide H8000, that beast can do anykind of eq you would like, and have all the above parameters tweaked.
And it's about a $6000 unit, so yes it does the job pretty well

Tony, so you're saying for you it's mostly about the 7 bands on the Boss sound better to you than the 5 on the mesa? Plus the fact that the Boss gives you the output control (unless the boogie gets modded to have one, which can be done).

The eventide is way out of my league, especially to use it for the things I need.

Elpelotero said:
Tony, so you're saying for you it's mostly about the 7 bands on the Boss sound better to you than the 5 on the mesa? Plus the fact that the Boss gives you the output control (unless the boogie gets modded to have one, which can be done).

I think the boss pedal sounds better than the onboard boogie eq, and my point is that a c+ without eq is a very desirable amp, since they also go for a lot less than the ones with eq.

So if you get a chance to do an A/B test with the pedal vs the onboard eq, do it, and you'll hear the difference.

Do you have an onboad eq on your c+?

tony777 said:
Elpelotero said:

I think the boss pedal sounds better than the onboard boogie eq, and my point is that a c+ without eq is a very desirable amp, since they also go for a lot less than the ones with eq.

how do you think i got mine :D

Elpelotero said:
tony777 said:
Elpelotero said:

how do you think i got mine :D

i have always wondered how a out board 21 band or so Eq would go thought the FX loop of a boogie without a Eq..i think it wuold sound pretty super

visualrocker69 said:
So I've drafted a revised budget projection plan, keeping at all times a bit over $3000 for buying a Mark IIC+ simul-class head with EQ whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

Now comes the challenge... how do I go about finiding one? Besides eBay... Or is it just impossible to acquire one? (I've read on the Boogie Board forums that some people have been hunting for decades...)

A few more questions... how many IIC+ were produced?
About how often are they sold?
I understand they typically price from $2000 to $2800, is this correct?

Anything else I should know?

Are they really that hard to find? I passed on buying 2 Simul's and one 60 watter in the last year :?:

Shep said:
i have always wondered how a out board 21 band or so Eq would go thought the FX loop of a boogie without a Eq..i think it wuold sound pretty super

You can always try it out, but I have a feeling it will be a bit of an overkill :D

tony777 said:
Shep said:

You can always try it out, but I have a feeling it will be a bit of an overkill :D

Yeah, i think over kill is a understatment.. :D

Be patient. There was a IIC+ without graphic at a GC local to me if you can believe that. It was Simul and sounded real good even without the graphic. I put money down on it and had planned on having Mike B mod it for a graphic but I ended up running into a 60/100 watt model with graphic and reverb.

You guys don't want to know what I paid for each of my 3 IIC+'s; I got them each for a major steal. The point is, be patient and keep your eyes open on ebay, craigslist, HC classifieds. They come up from time-to-time. I scored 2 locally (one an ebay auction, the other a craigslist sale) and the 3rd was out-of-state that I found of HC classifieds. If you can score a non-graphic for cheap, have Mike B mod it with a graphic for $450. It will have a III faceplate but it will kick ***!

Whammyless said:
Be patient. There was a IIC+ without graphic at a GC local to me if you can believe that. It was Simul and sounded real good even without the graphic. I put money down on it and had planned on having Mike B mod it for a graphic but I ended up running into a 60/100 watt model with graphic and reverb.

You guys don't want to know what I paid for each of my 3 IIC+'s; I got them each for a major steal. The point is, be patient and keep your eyes open on ebay, craigslist, HC classifieds. They come up from time-to-time. I scored 2 locally (one an ebay auction, the other a craigslist sale) and the 3rd was out-of-state that I found of HC classifieds. If you can score a non-graphic for cheap, have Mike B mod it with a graphic for $450. It will have a III faceplate but it will kick ***!

I'm not familiar with how the practical aspect of craiglist or harmony central classified ads actually works... is there a way to do a secure money transfer? I've only used eBay... kinda paranoid about just sending thousands of dollars to someone in whatever method if it's unsafe. Then again, there have been ebay scams too...hmmm...

but if any of you have used these sources, can you tell me a bit about them please? :)

Craigslist is meant to be a way to sell items locally. They have pages for most major cities. The idea is that you surf you local page and buy things in person. Some people are open to shipping, many won't.

Harmony Central has ads from all over the place. Most people that list there are expecting to ship. I don't view it as more or less safe than ebay. You have basically the same payment options - send money orders or use Paypal if they will take it. I usually talk to people over the phone first and also look up their name/address online. I feel more comfortable sending money if I can verify I'm dealing with a "real" person.

paypal is the only way I do money unless I am 100% certain the person is a credible seller. then I would consider stuff like money orders, etc.

paypal also secures you up to like 1000 ????

there's a deal right here:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/302531658.html

Craigslist is mainly for local deals. I've bought and sold stuff on there. On Harmony Central, I wrote to someone selling a IIC+. He sent me pics and I asked for references and he sent me them. I also had him send me a picture of the amp with a current newspaper in the pic so that I could see the date on the newspaper. Yeah, someone could photoshop that but it's a bit harder to do and when someone does this, I have a lot more confidence that they actually have the item for sale. Also, talk on the phone with the seller and check HC's "bad seller" list. I've used Ebay successfully as well but there are a lot of crooks and scammers on there, too. Don't think for a second that using Ebay or even PayPal makes you that much safer. The safest thing is to do your research. I like paying with a USPS money order. If someone frauds you, it's a federal offense so I'd hope that someone would be less-likely to do that vs if you PayPal'd them.

Back