Help!!! Mark IIC+ Simul-class head with EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visualrocker69

Reaction score
So I've drafted a revised budget projection plan, keeping at all times a bit over $3000 for buying a Mark IIC+ simul-class head with EQ whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

Now comes the challenge... how do I go about finiding one? Besides eBay... Or is it just impossible to acquire one? (I've read on the Boogie Board forums that some people have been hunting for decades...)

A few more questions... how many IIC+ were produced?
About how often are they sold?
I understand they typically price from $2000 to $2800, is this correct?

Anything else I should know?

o sh!t! that's right...i meant leprechaun. My roommate and I had a fairy joke going so it was in my head.

But seriously though, your resources are:

ebay, craigslist, boogieboard, harmonycentral, pawn shops, local guitar stores, the magic fairy, and various guitar message boards.

visualrocker69 said:
Thanks! How do I tell the diff between Simul and non simul? What are the advantages?

Just curious why you are holding out for a Simul-class model if you don't know what it is? Not that there is anything wrong with that..........

sundaypunch said:
visualrocker69 said:
Thanks! How do I tell the diff between Simul and non simul? What are the advantages?

Just curious why you are holding out for a Simul-class model if you don't know what it is? Not that there is anything wrong with that..........

Because descriptions that I've come across thus far are cliches such as it "smooths out the sound" or technical stuff about tubes, triodes, transistors, class A stuff that I don't really understand. So either I have to expand my vocabulary or go with the cliches. Either that or someone here might be helpful =)

Well, they were!

tony777 said:
I have a simul class and a 60 watt version of the C+, and I happen to like the 60w much better.

Tony

1) Why do you like the 60 watt more?
2) I wasn't quite able to find this... the simul class switches between Class A (15 watts) and the one that runs the 6L6 and El34 tubes together, right? What's the latter called and what's the wattage?
3) How did you acquire your Mark IIC+'s? In your opinion, how often is there an opportunity to buy one? (both for 60watt and for simul-class)

visualrocker69 said:
I prefer the boss geq7 stomp box over the onboard graphic eq, to me it sounds better, or my eventide does the job even better when I hook that up.

how come?

Also, TOny, I heard your songs....sick sounds man! Can you share your settings? Do it in private if you want. THanks!

Thanks a lot Tony. I understand the difference now... but I think the simul-class is more to my style :)

Elpelotero, how'd you acquire your IIC+? was it difficult? worth it?

visualrocker69 said:
I prefer the boss geq7 stomp box over the onboard graphic eq, to me it sounds better, or my eventide does the job even better when I hook that up.
Elpelotero said:
how come?
An eq has a couple of parameters that makes it do what it does, and that is:
Band; that choose the frequenzy.
Gain; how much or less you want of that frequenzy.
Type of filter; in graphic eq they are referred to bandpass or notch I guess. There is low shelf and hi shelf as well as low pass and hi pass.
And Q (quality) factor, which controls the bandwidth of the filter. the higher Q factor, the narrower area of the actual band is processed.

All this parameters together does quite much of controlling the sound, and I would say that almost all eq's will sound different.
Take into account that the onboard boogie Eq has 5 bands, and the Boss Geq 7 has 7 bands, they will sound different.
When it comes to the Eventide H8000, that beast can do anykind of eq you would like, and have all the above parameters tweaked.
And it's about a $6000 unit, so yes it does the job pretty well

Elpelotero said:
Also, TOny, I heard your songs....sick sounds man! Can you share your settings? Do it in private if you want. THanks!

My settings on the C+ is for the time beeing like this:

V1 about 5
Treble 9 (pull)
Bass 2 (pull)
Mid 5
Master 2-3 (somewhere around that depending on the room) Pull
Lead drive 9-10 (pull) if you don't use a pedal.
Lead master 3 Pull
Prescence 8
And a pretty much V shaped boss GEQ7

Very aggressive sound

I use the rectifier standard 4x12 which is very important.
and for mic, I used a Shure SM57, into a digi 002 rack with focusrite mic preamps.

When I get my hands on a MD 421, I will be using those mic's together, that combo is awesome for recording distorted guitars.
And the guitars used are several Ibanezes with high output DiMarzio pickups.

Kind regards
Tony

Boogiebabies said:
He mooched knowledge off a IIC+ afficianado and then swiped one cheap.

if you want to speak in technical terms...lol. :D You were the bulk of the details, along with some of those guys we never see around anymore. Some other stuff you just kind of pick up from here and there. In fact, all my amps came cheap. I even got the 3ch and cab at factory price! (shhh!!).

Elpelotero said:
Boogiebabies said:
He mooched knowledge off a IIC+ afficianado and then swiped one cheap.

if you want to speak in technical terms...lol. You were the bulk of the details. Some other stuff you just kind of pick up from here and there. In fact, all my amps came cheap. I even got the 3ch at factory price! (shhh!!)

You guys are awesome!

Back