Help identifying which model of Mesa I have

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Barton

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this site and if possible would like someone to help me out.
I've had this boogie for a few years and have always presumed it is a mkIII simul class, a few people over the years have
suggested different.

Please can you share your knowledge with me and help clear this up.

This is a link to one of my flickr sets which has a few pics I have taken.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80402678@N06/sets/72157633009074527/

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Rich.

It's a fully loaded Mark III simulclass with all the bells and whistles. Black stripe (original version). It was the 310th Mark III made.

A few people you've known over the years need to be throat punched.

It's an early mark III too. Early serial number and black dot above power cord. Probably has the 105 transformer. Yes a fully loaded mark III, very nice.

Thank you for your quick response.

Not that I would ever sell it but how much do these go for approximately?

Last time I paid attention they typically went for $650-800... depending on condition and how bad the other guy wants it.

No one famous is known for having used one, so they kind of languish on the used market.

You should get a bit more than $800 because of the export tranny and the factory EVM. Tolex looks to be in good shape too for an old broad like that. And I've seen more tranny rust on green stripes.
Uh, Petrucci, at the very least, used 'em. The Rolling Stones used Coliseums at one time, I believe.

Rolling Stones used Mark IIb Coliseums in their 81-82 tour. Keith, Ronnie and even Mick have used Mark I and Mark IIb over the years but never Mark III.

Latest posts

Back