Help deciding power amp, recto, 295 etc.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
norskmetall said:
Littleb said:
...but to me its more 3 dimentional than the others..but theyre all good..

You mean the Strategy 500 or the 295?
I meant the Strategy 500, although the 295 isnt too far off either....to me, anyways,that extra "dimentionality" is akin to my red stripe mkIII vrs my red stripe MkIII coli-both very similar.but the coli just has that "something" bout it-more of something(not loud volume -lol)'..My diezel herbert is like that too-at 6 output tubes it obviously will punch holes thru bomb proof buildings w/ just a strum of an a chord,but this is totally not the point- matter of fact I would never use my 180 wtt amps to just "annialate" the 1rst 10 rows of people-lol......I personally like the "response" and "feel" of those amps-(yes, and even at low volumes) and the 500 has that also.. :D

Cool. Maybe I will look for a Strategy 400 later.

Thanks folks for helping me deciding and getting the 295 ! I am most satisfied !

Glad your enjoying the 295, I picked one up myself last week for my quad and I am very happy with it. The pair Quad/295 is a classic revisited and a lot of fun to play through today and definetly a tone monster : )

i have the 295 with the controls at the front (is this a later model?)..ive owned it for years and its always been great..i recently had the old girl serviced and revalved-not cheap but it utterly tranformed my tone..it was like having a new amp again. shortly after i had the triaxis revalved and experienced another gr8 improvement.
Good luck with the 295, its a great bit of kit. Ive used the tri with a 290 but didnt see the point in 'upgrading' as the thing sounds awesome.

Back