Hello newbie here

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6l6russ

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Been using Mesa Boogie Triple Rectos since 1998.
Sold my first 2 channel cause I retired for a while. Back gigging again and of course have both a dual and triple
3 channel now. Just put my triple back together after a much needed reconditioning. Had the diamond
plate powder coated black and the front and top grills chromed along with the tube protection bar on the back.
Cant seem to stop playing them. I've been running and integrated sextet of KT88 and KT66 for
two years now. 14 years of playing boogies. Never been a forum person but figured I'd venture over.
Boogies Rock!

Welcome to the forum.

I've been playing Recto's since 2001, once you're hooked no other amp will do :twisted:

My first Recto was an '01 Triple, which I sold to fund the Roadster, my main gigging amp since '07.

frontfull.jpg

Dom

Nice rigg. Something about a recto in the band mix. Have plate allot of other that by myself alone
at home sound great but just dont fill the room. Our bass player just got a used Mesa 400 head.
sweet sound. My other guitarist is using a 6505+ and has been shopping around. He's looking at the fender
5150iii and the hellwin. Been trying to get him into a roadster or roadking. He's anti mesa for some reason.
said he doesn't want to sound like me. Lol. Told him its how you dial it in. Our tone taste is different. Dont think there
is a tone a recto can do with the right setup. Look forward to reading more and knowledge sharing with fellow Mesa
brothers and sisters.

As a die-hard Mesa fan myself, I read a lot of Mesa hate on the different forums (fora?), but all I ever hear in real life is how good mine sounds. Of course, a lot of them are drunk, but, who cares? :lol:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome!

I'm using KT88's in my Triple 2 channel, and KT88/66 in my dual 2 channel. Been using Boogies since 91'. This forum is AWESOME!

mikeweber74 said:
Welcome to the board!

Let's see a pic of that triple rec you have. Bet it looks pretty cool!

Lol. If I could figure out how to post a pict I would. Im a newbie!

Latest posts

Back