hello, I'm new here!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Steve, I am new to this forum. It looks great and I look forward to chatting with you guys!! 8)

Actually I have a question right away...I already own a lonestar special 1x12 and I have recently found that I need a little bit more volume in certain situations but I want the same tone as I absolutely love it!

My question is: how does the 2x12 differ from the 1x12?? is it just slightly louder and bigger? I have an opportunity to change to either the Lonestar 2x12 or the Lonestar Special 2x12 and what I basically want is the sound I have now just a tiny bit bigger :?:

thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve, Welcome to the forum. Adding another speaker, either a cab or going to a 2x12 combo, should give you a bigger sound, as well as, more volume. You'll be moving more air.

If possible, try to play what you currently have to the set up to that you are looking at getting. The LSC will definitely give you more clean headroom, but if you're happy with you're current tone you may also want to consider an extension cab for your current amp. The LSS and LSC are different sounding amps.

If that's still not enough, you might try mic'ing your cab to your PA.

So there are a few different routes that you can take to get your volume up.

thankx Brewski...thats what I was afraid of-loosing the tone that I love so much. Sounds like the 2x12 LSS is the one for me then.

thanks man, I'll set up a link so's you can hear the tone soon!

8)

steve said:
I have an opportunity to change to either the Lonestar 2x12 or the Lonestar Special 2x12 and what I basically want is the sound I have now just a tiny bit bigger :?:

Wasn't sure what you meant here.....the regular Lonestar and the Lonestar Special are two different sounding amps. If you love your Special so much, I would stick with it, but in the 2x12 version to get the volume you're looking for.:)

Have you considered just adding an external 1x12 cabinet? This will also get a speaker off the floor closer to ear level. You also always have the option to run only one speaker if needed.

Brewski said:
Hi Steve, Welcome to the forum. Adding another speaker, either a cab or going to a 2x12 combo, should give you a bigger sound, as well as, more volume. You'll be moving more air.

If possible, try to play what you currently have to the set up to that you are looking at getting. The LSC will definitely give you more clean headroom, but if you're happy with you're current tone you may also want to consider an extension cab for your current amp. The LSS and LSC are different sounding amps.

If that's still not enough, you might try mic'ing your cab to your PA.

So there are a few different routes that you can take to get your volume up.

im actually going to say that by adding more speakers your going to soak up your punch. You will be dispursing more sound, but when it comes down to it you have the same amount of umpf or wattage as you did before you put the second speaker in-line with your output. So depending on the way the cabinet is wired, you have doubled the amount of resistance that you had before which means the amp has to work harder to push the cones. This will be interpreted by your ear as a lack of punch and more compression. This could be a good thing though--where are you @ volume wise? This gives you more rooom to turn your amp up in order to keep the same volume. Otherwise you can get a second amp of the same to run in stereo or ge an auxillary power amp or stereo amp. :wink:

Back