Hello Everyone. Im about ready to take the mesa plunge...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright. This is a two part story. A good part and a really bad part...

So I look at my receipt from my rig I have now, and I realize I only have about three days left to take it back. I figure, "What the hey, Ill go and check out those heads one more time."

So I go up to GC real quick, I take my rig with me to "return" and put towards whatever I decide to get. I ask to play with both the roadster and triple rec heads. I ask for both a mesa cab and a quite old used marshall 1960 vintage cab.

I start messing around and the roadster sounds pretty nice thru the marshall cab, and a bit to punchy and tight thru the mesa cab. So I decide to give the triple rectifier one more shot.

I plug it in, and there it is. That wild buzzsaw sound. This time I didnt have a kid playing with the settings for me, so I looked on the back and changed two things...

Spongy to bold
Diode to Tube Rectifier

What a frigging difference. that must be what the original head was set to, the one I fell in love with.

The kid up there that I dealt with the first time had shown me the used triple rec head that sounded awesome. He said it was switched onto the diode rectifier setting. Funny, since every other head was also switched to the diode setting by him, and they all sounded like a chainsaw.

I LOVE the tone all around from a triple rectifier set to tube rectifier. That diode clipping thing is just wild.

Now the bad part...

Its 9:30, I get it all up to the counter and give the guy a check. Their check company declined my check!! They said my account was too new. Nice. (It is brand new, I just closed my business checking account and transferred all of the funds to a personal checking account.)

So now I have to go back, yet AGAIN and give them cash. Probably wont be able to do that until monday. Im pissed!!!

On the bright side, at least I have a triple rec/marshall 1960 vintage cab set aside for me on "layaway".

Jay22 said:
Alright. This is a two part story. A good part and a really bad part...

So I look at my receipt from my rig I have now, and I realize I only have about three days left to take it back. I figure, "What the hey, Ill go and check out those heads one more time."

So I go up to GC real quick, I take my rig with me to "return" and put towards whatever I decide to get. I ask to play with both the roadster and triple rec heads. I ask for both a mesa cab and a quite old used marshall 1960 vintage cab.

I start messing around and the roadster sounds pretty nice thru the marshall cab, and a bit to punchy and tight thru the mesa cab. So I decide to give the triple rectifier one more shot.

I plug it in, and there it is. That wild buzzsaw sound. This time I didnt have a kid playing with the settings for me, so I looked on the back and changed two things...

Spongy to bold
Diode to Tube Rectifier

What a frigging difference. that must be what the original head was set to, the one I fell in love with.

The kid up there that I dealt with the first time had shown me the used triple rec head that sounded awesome. He said it was switched onto the diode rectifier setting. Funny, since every other head was also switched to the diode setting by him, and they all sounded like a chainsaw.

I LOVE the tone all around from a triple rectifier set to tube rectifier. That diode clipping thing is just wild.

Now the bad part...

Its 9:30, I get it all up to the counter and give the guy a check. Their check company declined my check!! They said my account was too new. Nice. (It is brand new, I just closed my business checking account and transferred all of the funds to a personal checking account.)

So now I have to go back, yet AGAIN and give them cash. Probably wont be able to do that until monday. Im pissed!!!

On the bright side, at least I have a triple rec/marshall 1960 vintage cab set aside for me on "layaway".

nice man... glad to hear everything worked out (short of the bank account)

Yeah. I just got home with it. It looks pretty sweet in my office! Hahaha!

Latest posts

Back