Hello... and Maverick help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdclark58

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post as I have just bought my first Mesa- a 410 Maverick. The main problem that I am having is that the rhythm channel has a loud humming/hissing sound. This sound exists when no instrument is plugged in, and is not present when the amp is one the lead channel. It's not your typical amp noise. Also, when the amp is switched to standby from the rhythm channel a VERY loud pop occurs. Once again, it's not there in the lead channel. I've tried swapping out the tubes, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what it could be, or potential remedies?

The other problem is that the bright switch doesn't seem to really impart any brightness. I realize that this amp is different than every other amp that I have owned, but when on bright it just sounds kinda flat. Any help?

Thanks in advance!

All I can tell you is to get Mesa's number off their site and give them a call. It sounds like if a tube change didnt work, you may be in amp tech territory.

you said you switched tubes. just the preamp tubes or power tubes as well? are any of your power tubes glowing abnormally?

i had a loud hum in my amp, and a loud popping sound going to/from standby. i noticed that a couple of my power tubes were red plating (glowing abnormally red). they were fairly new JJ's so I emailed the guy I got them from (EuroTubes). He suggested taking out the power tubes, making sure the pins were straight and the tubes were properly snug in the sockets, cleaning the pins with contact spray and re-seating them a few times, etc. Nothing about them looked unusual but I tried this anyway, and the problem went away. I can't say this will help, but it probably won't hurt.

Thanks for the tip- I'm getting a FULL set of new tubes, and I'll be sure to take a look at the pins, ets.

I have the same problem with a maverick head. Did the tube change help? Did you resolve the problem? :roll:

Latest posts

Back