Heavier Mark IIC+ Clip (Big Open Chords)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I was asked to do a quick clip of the Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ with big open chords. I decided to do Lines In The Sand by Dream Theater. It is a real quick clip of the tune. I have never played it before but the real tune has majestic and big sounding chords. Turned out pretty good. Don't mind the playing. I know it isn't note for note.

Thoughts? This was recorded at really low volume. Have a couple of sleeping kids in the house. Turn it up when you listen.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/98-LITS%20%28rough%29.mp3

Just the first 10 seconds alone should reaffirm to you that you made the right decision on your trade.

Friggen sounds awesome and the way it SHOULD sound. I'm gassing for a 2c+ and have the opportunity
to score one with everything BUT the g-eq and am going to find out from mesa what it would take
to put one on if it's even possible.

JohnDNJ said:
Just the first 10 seconds alone should reaffirm to you that you made the right decision on your trade.

Friggen sounds awesome and the way it SHOULD sound. I'm gassing for a 2c+ and have the opportunity
to score one with everything BUT the g-eq and am going to find out from mesa what it would take

Yup, his clips with the IIC+ are blowing away the Mark V clips he posted.

danyeo1 said:
JohnDNJ said:

Yup, his clips with the IIC+ are blowing away the Mark V clips he posted.

It's not even close. The complexity of the distortion with all the overtones and harmonics
is just ridiculous. Goddammit I know I'm going to end up buying this thing...Maybe I'll sell the IV. :lol:

That tone is serious business. I have only a DC-5... and can only wish for tone like that.

The only way I get any simul-class action is to run my Marshall DSL-50 and my DC-5 through the same 4x12, lol!

Latest posts

Back