Head Making Clicking Noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treillw

Reaction score
So I was just playing for about 2 hours, stopped for about 20 minutes to write out a tab, then plugged in my guitar and turned the amp on with it on standby and i heard this clicking sound. It almost sounded like the fan was hitting something. So I tried turning the fan off and it keeps making the noise, so it's not the fan. I then tried turning it off of standby to fully on and the clicking came through the speakers. If you are looking at the back of the head, the noise is coming out of the area on the right side. It doesn't seem like it's the tubes... The head is only about 10 months old, purchased new. I have a call into Mesa to ask them about it, not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

its your footswitch connections. make sure cable is plugged in all the way at the footswitch and at the head.
Mine does this and many others have had the same issue. The connection of the footswitch cable seems to be the culprit.

You very well may be right, because I pushed my footswitch forward when I sat down to write out the tab at my desk. I will let you know if it does it anymore. Thanks!

The clicking is most likely the relays in the amp going a little bit nuts, a loose footswitch cable will do this as the connections make contact intermittently.

dino2sf said:
its your footswitch connections. make sure cable is plugged in all the way at the footswitch and at the head.
Mine does this and many others have had the same issue. The connection of the footswitch cable seems to be the culprit.

Glad to read this happening to someone else, and that the answer seems to be simple. I've had my Mark V head for about a month now, and heard this clicking for the first time last night. Had no idea what it was, and got worried something was going out. I flipped through the footswitch selector and it went away. Had no idea what was really going on though.

yeah i freaked out when mine first did it. then i read on here it was happening to others. everytime i hear it ill grab the cable and push it in and it stops

The cable seems to be the culprit. I played the rest of last night without any issues.

Latest posts

Back