Head & Horizontal 2x12 Stand/Prop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treillw

Reaction score
I have a Mark V head and horizontal 2x12 recto cabinet. I'm trying to figure out the best way to tilt the cabinet back without some sort of rig job that risks the whole setup falling over. I'd like to keep the head on top of the cabinet, as long as its safe there. I want to tilt it back so I can turn it up louder and get the sound out of peoples faces and up into the big open room. Also, I have a hard time hearing myself sometimes with all the sound down at my ankles.

What has worked best for you?

Thank you.

I know exactly what you want. Never seen one, but I've been tempted to build one. I have a stand just like the one in the pic and it's great for combo's but you can't put a head on it because of the angle. I need to make a double the head part is level with the ground and the cab part is lower and tilted back. You'll be able to hear yourself better. The other option is to turn the volume up.

4406cuda said:
I use to use one of these:

http://piccolosmusic.com/store/product/15444/Peavey-Combo-Amp-Stand/

I don't need it any longer. Let me know if you are interested and I will see if I can round it up.

I also have a recto 2x12 and mark v head. I also have the same stand as above. This stand is not ideal for a 2x12 cab AND HEAD
There is nothing to keep the head from falling off the back of the tilted cab. (unless you modify it extending the back support arms so that they extend beyond the top of the 2x12 so that they also keep the head from sliding off the cab) also the stand is rated for 50lbs max. I have used it for my recto horizontal loaded with EVM12L'S which weighs a ton and it works fine. I tried putting my head on top and it was too top heavy and there was nothing to keep the head from sliding off of the tilted cab.

Hopefully this helps and if you figure out a solution please post it here as I am still wanting to do the same thing you are (OP)

good luck

I have seen the perfect solution to this problem !

This guy I play with locally has an angled amp stand, attached (bolted) to a frame with wheels and just uses a locking strap (like on a refrigerator dolly) and it securely keeps the head on the cab but allows you to tilt the entire head/cab back.

I'll get him to forward some picks ASAP and post here...it is totally tits!

Fender sells a hardware kit for locking heads to cabinets, but the downside is that you have to screw the pieces into both units.

My best bet is probably to just build one, unless any more ideas come through. I haven't found any for sale that would do what I'm after.

Still haven't gotten a photo but here are the details behind the one my bandmate created:

1) start with a proline angled amp stand;
2) drill one hole through each corner;
3) place the amp stand on top of a 4-wheel dolley (rectangular wooden frame with thin carpet over it and a wheel under each corner... You can get these easily at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.);
4) with the amp stand sitting squarely on the 4-wheel wooden dolley frame, mark the 4 matching drill holes for the 4-wheel dolley using the drill holes just made on the amp stand;
5) secure the amp stand and 4-wheel dolley together with a screw and bolt through the aligned drill holes;
6) secure the head and cab together with a cloth tie-down strap and use the metal bracket to tighten to taste.

Works like a **** charm and it looks good too! I swear I'll send a photo soon!!!

Have you checked out the amp wedge? Www.ampwedge.com. Or the have them at the major online music locations. A pretty cheap, efficient solution.

Latest posts

Back