has anyone seen these cabs on e-bay yet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickyrick

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/EVM12L-designed-thiele-cabinet-extension-cabinet_W0QQitemZ270157737967QQihZ017QQcategoryZ121165QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yeah i have. i just posted a reply on the topic diy thiele cab plans.they are located 20 miles from me. they look well constructed but they are a different size than boogie thieles. boogie thieles are made so the short heads will fit on top of it. the internal volume is the same on both cabs. they look like they are using a truck bedliner coating on the cabs. would be interesting to hear one. an unloaded one for $230 may be a little high but if you have an evm12l laying around may be worth the price.plus you can't get a new boogie thiele with an EV.

I bought one and am waiting for it to arrive.

I will say that the builder, Scott, is very helpful. He agreed to match the color of my 1984 beat up MKIIC+ at no extra charge, even though it is a "custom" color for him. I sent him some pics. He also went to look at a MKI reissue and match the color, then fade it to compensate my the age of my amp.

Obviously the proof will be in the pudding, so to speak, when the cab arrives and the EVM 12L goes in. Dealing with him, however, has been a very good experience so far.

I wondered if they would sell one without the goofy front grill? I have a few EV's 8)

I think his idea is to make these cabs road tough. The finish is like spray on truck bed liner. The metal screens are probably to provide better speaker protection than grill cloth. I am thinking about asking him to make a grill for my MKIIC+ to keep my two year old from sticking his finger through my Black Shadow.

hello all, my name is tom white and i am the other half of boogafunk cabs. i just checked with the mods and they say it's ok for me to answer specific questions and give some specs of our cabinets. i don't want to overstep my bounds or have any bad blood on this forum. feel free to ask me anything about them. (i kinda like the "goofy" grills, but we've made them with stock bent metal grills and cloth. i ride a harley so my love for chrome sometimes gets the better of me)

btw, this is our test rig, he he...

testrig.jpg

Why is the port on the opposite side and how does that funky pine ply sound ?

I think it may mate well with two cabs, each with a port on the opposite end. Those would throw out some serious low end in a spectrum.

Nice work BTW.

the port placement will not affect the sound, but i have built a couple with the port right. they sounded exactly the same as the standard port left model. i would actually couple the ports together towards the inside for a horizontal placement (or both on the floor) but for a vertical stack both ports on the same side is desirable. i really think, however, that one thiele cab ev loaded is enough for almost any gig. (any thiele, not just mine) 2 cabs are just stupid loud (not that that's such a bad thing, though)

oh, the plywood sounds quite fine

these look quite cool!!

ever since i got my mark2b back in '81, i've wanted a thiele cab, but never found one at the right time (meaning, when i wasn't poor!)

hehe

i had 4 EV SRO's at one time, and i loved those speakers.......

alas, i ended up trading them in for some gear, including a pair of Roland 1x12 closed back cabs, which are great cabs, light, and i've loaded everything in them from another SRO to jbls, high watt celestions, and finally, greenbacks, which is what i use currently.

how would a low watt speaker (i attenuate the volume down, for recording) work in this cab designed for high volume...

and, how easy would it be to install a Weber Beam Blocker behind the metal grille?

i think they look kick ***! 8)

i would have to crunch the numbers for a greenback. odds are it would work well but not optimally. you might have better luck with a standard enclosure for a greenback, however it might be awesome. the problem with making a 112 with a greenback is that it's power handling limits it. i prefer 112's with at least 60-75 watt speakers or so. i always liked greenbacks in multiple driver enclosures. for a super low volume studio setting 1 greenback in a slightly large open back/halfback cab would be quite sweet. or for that matter a celestion vintage 10 works well too.

just depends on what tone you're after

Hey lester! this is Scottie, other half of Boogafunk cabs. I just registered here but ive been lurking for years. We are on the south end of Whitesburg near the Ol Gin. Come by any time, we are always there late!
BTW. did you by any chance used to talk on the cb radio, if so i think ive met you years ago! my parents live in Athens on mooresville rd. course im 37 and have been gone from home a looooong time!
Anyhoo glad to be here and meet all you guys, feel fre to ask us anything, anytime! we are super gearheads ourselves. I have to run now and explain to my wife why i have joined yet another talk forum! haha
peace!

Oh and BTW " that funky pine" is actually cabinet grade 7 ply sanded. also every void has been filled in between the layers to insure consistency. That stuff actually is about the same price as birch. about 40 bucks a sheet.
http://www.coxlumber.com/arauco.html check out the specs on this stuff! its very high quality!
Anyway thanks guys , hope to make a lot of new friends here!

Boogafunk said:
hello all, my name is tom white and i am the other half of boogafunk cabs. i just checked with the mods and they say it's ok for me to answer specific questions and give some specs of our cabinets. i don't want to overstep my bounds or have any bad blood on this forum. feel free to ask me anything about them. (i kinda like the "goofy" grills, but we've made them with stock bent metal grills and cloth. i ride a harley so my love for chrome sometimes gets the better of me)

Hey, welcome abord Tom. I wasn't trying to start trouble or bash your product. I just dont like the grill 8)

Koprofag said:
Hey Boogafunk. Perhaps a rude question, but since I suspect many of the people interested in these cabs are Mark owners, what are the odds you'd do Mesa clones?

Further on, say, what's the possibility of a Widebody Thiele, in the trad Mesa style (jute/vinyl), which they have neglected to provide for the Widebody combo owners ?

Any idea of shipping prices to the UK/Europe ?

Lyn

i suspect shipping would be determined on how fast you want it. there is a guy whoes built one on here as well that looks nice. you can see my post on my thoughts of the widebody in the other thread.i can build whatever is desired, however i dont wanna tie up bandwidth discussing it here as im prolly overstepping my bounds already. feel frree to call the shop anytime! google us youll find us! thanks for your inquiry, and i guess well be making a substantial donation to the boogie board very soon.

Latest posts

Back