Has anyone seen how the new Mark V's look like in the back ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prodrigu

Reaction score
Just got mine a week ago, and they now have a different type of protection for the tubes

IMG_0843.jpg

prodrigu said:
Just got mine a week ago, and they now have a different type of protection for the tubes

IMG_0843.jpg

Hey, no fair! I got mine back in june, I want the cool, new tube protector too! :lol:

I like the bar on the combo - glad I picked up an early one.

Aesthetically, I like the bar on mine better, but I'm sure this new cage protection is to resolve some common issue they see/hear about in Customer Service.

The cage is a requirement for imports to the European Union, so it seems Mesa is putting the cage on domestic amps as well.
What I'd like to know is how easy is it to change tubes with this config. My niece bought a Crate 50 from GC with this contraption and it took a good 30 minutes to replace a broken 12AX7.
Oh, yes, the cage will surround the pre-amp tubes, too.
Hey, it's for your own good.
I can't wait for the One-World-Government-Black-Helicopter conspiracy theorists to start foaming at the mouth over this! :lol:

i like the metal grill mesh that the peavey 5150 uses, it was just a couple mm thick black metal in a std grill patter that covers the whole back (except the jacks of course...) and its 4 easy removed screws to remove...

It took me about 8 seconds to remove it on the two we just received at work. It only encompasses the power tubes. The preamp tubes still have the regular shielding.

I called Boogie, and they told me that the bar didn't have enough high-mids, and that the cage took care of this issue, and really helps you cut through the mix!

I'm going to take my head back to Long & Mcquade, and get them to swap it for the new 'cage' model!

shogun said:
I called Boogie, and they told me that the bar didn't have enough high-mids, and that the cage took care of this issue, and really helps you cut through the mix!

I'm going to take my head back to Long & Mcquade, and get them to swap it for the new 'cage' model!

Totally different tone in the Cage Mode. Is it foot-switchable from Cage to Bar? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

steve_k said:
shogun said:

Totally different tone in the Cage Mode. Is it foot-switchable from Cage to Bar? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

shogun said:
steve_k said:
shogun said:

i think the cage makes your footswitch wireless :mrgreen:

Back