Has anyone ordered a Mark V yet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbomb2u

Reaction score
I put my name on a wait list when it was announced at Namm and they said that Mesa will accept the order if I want to get it?

I placed an order today for a Mark V Head from GC. They said it would be from the first run and that I would receive it in 45-90 days.

Scott

Ordered. The thread for "Mark V Serial Number pics" will be as historic as today's inauguration! :)

I just talked with my local guitar store (after having tried unsuccessfully to place an order over the weekend). After talking to their Mesa dealer, the rep was suggesting that these would not start to be manufactured until Mid February. There was no estimate on how long it will take to process the orders but my expectation is not to see mine until late March early April, perhaps longer.

I am really pumped about getting one as I missed the final Mark IV's by a few weeks, and my expectations are high, but when it comes to getting it in my hands I am trying to be realistic. Hopefully the turn around is much faster.

I do have to say that the Mark V has peaked my interest.

Problem is do I go ahead and get a MArk V pre500 or do I wait for Series II? :wink:

i'm sure i've missed it...but what are these supposed to run...i want one but i'm trying to find out what the price is gonna be like...

I can understand why they do it that way. They want to know exactly how many to build before they start building them. I'd bet that there would be too many that would back out and not pay the rest and leave them screwed, waiting for another buyer. Especially in this economy ;)

Koadogg said:
GC had me pay in full upon order.

That's interesting. The GC I ordered my Ace from (San Marcos, CA) only wanted 25%.
Do you mind telling us which GC?

It does not sound ethical to me, but then, I do find GC more and more disappointing and desperate for $ these days.

Also, did they say it was a "special order"?

That might mean that once it's in you are stuck with it even if you don't like it after all (Unlikely, perhaps, but you never know.....)

My GC said I would not be forced to take the Ace if I was not happy and I thought that was a more reasonable approach.

Later :D

It was the GC in Plymouth Meeting, PA (Near Philadelphia). It was not a special order as far as I was aware. My contact told me that they were taking orders for the first batch.

Scott

I take half for special orders at work; when I ordered my personal amp straight from boogie they take 50% as well.

when i ordered my Roadster through GC i only had to put 25% down. GC knows if you pull out of the deal they can still turn around and sell that amp (as long as its the right amp... not something like a run of the mill marshall that will sit and collect dust for 4-5 years).

My GC also said that I had to pay up in full before they could place the order for me, but I think it varies from GC to GC from what I've read in this thread.

I ordered one the 12th from my local dealer and they make me put 50% down. I was told 60 days or less.

60 days seems to be the word im hearing, I was told the same thing but I ordered mine with the blue covering instead of regular black, I was kinda surprised custom would only be 60 days.

Latest posts

Back