has anyone ever compiled a recto database

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropped_2_c

Reaction score
one that shows the model number and revision the current owner and maybe where it is located, i know you can't do this with every rectifier but maybe we can at least post what we know and get it stickied.

It'd be cool to see who owns what serial number and revision. probably a dumb task to ensue upon

I've actually done this for PV 5150/6505 amps. If you guys are interested I can do this for Recto's too. Let me know what information you want contained in the db.

dropped_2_c said:
one that shows the model number and revision the current owner and maybe where it is located, i know you can't do this with every rectifier but maybe we can at least post what we know and get it stickied.

It'd be cool to see who owns what serial number and revision. probably a dumb task to ensue upon

You're looking at around 30,000 amps from 1992 to 2007. That's one big DB.

i am mainly talking about the first 500 and the revisions of each say 5 or 10 of revision g etc, it doesn't have to be complete. just a database of a few, i am not asking to have the whole recto line cataloged just the ones people talk about like for example

92 12 chrome chassis were created in revision d etc and the owners that could be found and what is different possibly for each revision. i know the info i supplied was not correct it was just an example.

it's something that will grow with time and something that can be changed thru time and possibly will feature the ot and pt numbers for those that offer it and the revisions and build date serial number and possible city and or state it is located and what color combos etc, modded or unmodded etc.

just a go to database full of knowledge for collectors or so we can verify down the road if we purchase one we see history and specs. something that hasn't been done with the sought after heads

I think a IIC+ registry would be a better idea. There is a Mark series owners registry on the net but it isn't very active. I would assume that there would be some initial interest in the early Dual Rec registry but it would fall off in time as well.

Russ said:
I think a IIC+ registry would be a better idea. There is a Mark series owners registry on the net but it isn't very active. I would assume that there would be some initial interest in the early Dual Rec registry but it would fall off in time as well.

hey hey hey this is the modern post thread back on topic. joking i think that is a great idea as well, i was just suggesting it for the first 500( what we can find or contribute) and the ones owned by professionals that way we could verify the ownership what changes were made in what year the ot and pt revisions etc.

Basically just an idea i had setting here looking for old dual rectifiers and was curious to see who owned what # recto revision etc year made ot and pt's etc.

I am down for anything and I am always willing to help contribute or research where i need to help make it all possible but it is clear that BoogieBabies will have me beat with knowledge. but i am down for whatever

good idea but it would be a little inaccurate over a short period of time because these amps are sold so fast,I mean check ebay out every week.these amps are on there all the time

still it would be good if even for this board we had one and all the recto owners plugged in thier rec's,model,serial,location and features(aka. custom options/mods)

For example
Dual rec. 3 channel,18576(made it up),Mars,Radon hyper-injector boost

would be rather sweet,perhaps even a pic link to it

:):):)

I wasn't trying to hijack here. I was just making reference to a sad thing that the Mark registry became and how this one may suffer a similar fate. I think it would be interesting to read the database and really dig into the hard figures and facts. Unfortunately, with internet fraud being what it is, I think that the idea may not be so appealing.

I think if we did it here it would need to be something that we had a special log-on for to help keep unwanted guests out. To me, that makes more sense. It would be neat to see the evolution in some kind of organized fashion.

I think its a great idea. It would be cool to see who has what, but also as a way to spread the pre500 word into mainstream knowledge. For example, wikipedia makes reference to the IIC+, but says nothing about pre500 rectifiers. It could raise the awareness as well as the cost of the amp. Now i just need to find one before they get really pricey!

I think the rest of the world is finding out fast enough just by people asking about early Dual Rec's for sale. I would get one soon though before everyone knows.

Russ said:
I wasn't trying to hijack here. I was just making reference to a sad thing that the Mark registry became and how this one may suffer a similar fate. I think it would be interesting to read the database and really dig into the hard figures and facts. Unfortunately, with internet fraud being what it is, I think that the idea may not be so appealing.

Russ I was joking no harm intended man. how can one Boogie lover hate another lol. I like the point you made about making it a login attempt only type thread maybe for members or when they reach a certain post count. and that would exclude it for me but hell it would be worth the wait

Nice one Russ,I didnt even think of the fraud thing,you know with all these serial numbers etc. Ebay etc would be a dangerous place,I meen everything would seem legit cause all the info is there for them

mmmmmm,Im sure Ned could think of a way around it,having some sort of login to se serial numbers etc!!!!!

Would still be great to have that resourse

We can figure something out. Just send me a list of the fields you want and I can probably start next weekend.

cellardweller said:
The DB should also contain each address as well as the owners work schedules and when they can be reached at home.

RoFl t3h brutualzzzzzzz

you also forgot when they go on vacation and interest, and myspace info

hahah yeah......I was thinking someone would as for that lol.........If mine pulls a disappearing act, I'll hunt you down hahaha. It is nifty idea though, hopefully won't be too much of a daunting task...

-AJH

I would say

Model(Dual/triple/RK/roadster/Maverick etc)
Serial
Location(ie.Scotland,Dunfermline or US,New York)
No. of channels
Distinguishing features/mods.(chrome and black/purple suede/serial loop)
Pics.
Current cost(Retail or second hand costs)

that should probably do for me anyways ohhh perhaps if there are any flaws in the homes security that we should know about to emmmm keep those pesky burglers out!!!!!!!! :wink:

Back