Happy New Gibson day!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibanez666

Reaction score
Well ok, second hand..but still happy!

Its an SG Classic. In the first pics it still has the dimarzio super distortion in it, but I removed that (last pic) and replaced it with the original p90.

dsci6820.jpg

dsci6822.jpg

and back to its original state:

dsci6830.jpg

this thing is a shred machine! Did not expect that. Action could be set so low, incredible! Sound slike it should sound, vintage-style rocker!

I'm happy.. :)

Very nice mate! Vintage style SG's are superb looking and sounding instrumnets, gratz!

sted said:
Very nice mate! Vintage style SG's are superb looking and sounding instrumnets, gratz!

Thnx, it's a fine instrument indeed. It's a welcome addition to my other guitars

Those old Gibbys are great guitars. I know most of the posters here are rockers, but Keith Urban is a rocker in diguise playing some great bluesy leads in new country songs. Those old Melody makers, LP's, SG's are superb tone machines. I have an old SG that was my first good guitar. Something about a good SG. Can't help but play the cool old riff out of Jethro Tull - Hunting Girl, Aqualung, Cross Eyed Mary... Pass that white owl on over here brother.... :shock:

Theyre nice indeed. I dont see much guitars like these getting posted here :(

Looks like everyone here uses metal-ish guitars :)

I have a couple of pics of what I have/had. I currently have a Firebird Studio which is below, SG Standard, and 2 LP BFGs - trans black and ink.

IMG_3395.jpg

Ones that have been sold, also have had a Flying V, a couple of LP VMs and the below (SG Deluxe, Explorer, LP BFG GOW#25)-
DSC01422.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

gowlp.jpg

Sadly I can't remember if that is all of them or not... :roll:

Congrats, Nice SG!

I'm down to 3 Gibson guitars now. An 81' V, 92' SG Jr. Reissue and an 06' SG Std.

gibsonsteel002.jpg

sgjr.jpg

Ha, just found out my old school style SG is a shredder! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O2DdHYLsao

I just bought these at Guitar Center Las Vegas a few weeks ago. Natural is hard to come by on Explorers. And most GCs have a lack of Cherry SGs.

Explorer.JPG

SG.JPG

Ok, well.....just bought....a....Richwood...I just could not let this one slip for 50 bucks...

richwood.jpg

thejay said:
I have a couple of pics of what I have/had. I currently have a Firebird Studio which is below, SG Standard, and 2 LP BFGs - trans black and ink.

IMG_3395.jpg

The only good guitar in they're whole line up, and ****, they do it GOOD!

Latest posts

Back