Half-back cabs retail prices?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo_8

Reaction score
Hi.

How much should I pay for a NOS (it was never used!!!) Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Half-back Cel/EV? I live in europe so add 20% (for US people).

I even found a 4x12 Half-back loaded only with EVs, but the guy doesn't want to sell it anymore...

I have a 2x12 with Celestion C-90 and 50W eminence and I find it very weak and doesn't handle the MK3 as my Marshall cab does...
Should I just sell it or try to swap the bottom speaker with a EV?
I'm afraid that the 4x12 is going to be expencive so I'm trying to have as many options as possible.

thanks

Restless Rocks said:
For sure load it up with EV's and it will handle anything you throw at it as well as sound amasing.

+1

Lorenzo_8 said:
Hi.

How much should I pay for a NOS (it was never used!!!) Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Half-back Cel/EV? I live in europe so add 20% (for US people).

I even found a 4x12 Half-back loaded only with EVs, but the guy doesn't want to sell it anymore...

I have a 2x12 with Celestion C-90 and 50W eminence and I find it very weak and doesn't handle the MK3 as my Marshall cab does...
Should I just sell it or try to swap the bottom speaker with a EV?
I'm afraid that the 4x12 is going to be expencive so I'm trying to have as many options as possible.

thanks

A 4x12 halfback Cel/EV setup is the holy grail tone cab ! In good shape $500 (USD) + the 20%.
If you don't have the money to spend just replace the bottom with an EVM, that will give you 290 watts in that ported 2x12, which will be very nice.
If I were you, I would try to score the 4x12, that setup is INCREDIBLE but that's just me !

Thanks for the replies.

A 4x12 halfback Cel/EV setup is the holy grail tone cab ! In good shape $500 (USD) + the 20%.

this is far less than what the guy is asking for........

About replacing the speaker, I think that finding only the EV (no cab) would be very difficult for me. There are many guys that sell used 1x12 with it, buying one of these would be the right thing to do?

I was thinking of getting a traditional Rectifier 4x12 or a standard Stiletto cab. What are the opinions here in the forum about old series Mark heads with "modern era" cabs? :| :lol:

when you said retail price I thought you were meaning a new cab,but mesa do not make these cabs any more the closest one they make is the roadking cabs

Thanks for the replies.

this is far less than what the guy is asking for........

hey Lorenzo8, How much IS he asking?

Your Mark series head would sound GREAT with a Mark series halfback 4x12, haggle the price with him, if you can swing it, I would get the 4x12 hb :roll:

Hello everyone,
I have to ask a thing a bit out of topic but preferred not to start another thread.
I have a 4x12 Half-back cab and would like to have a panel to close the top.

Did Mesa Boogie ever produce them?
If yes do they still do them?
And if so, how can I get one to arrive here to Italy?

If the only way to have one is built it HOW SHOULD I DO IT?

Thanks

Lorenzo_8 said:
Hello everyone,
I have to ask a thing a bit out of topic but preferred not to start another thread.
I have a 4x12 Half-back cab and would like to have a panel to close the top.

Did Mesa Boogie ever produce them?
If yes do they still do them?
And if so, how can I get one to arrive here to Italy?

If the only way to have one is built it HOW SHOULD I DO IT?

Thanks

It would be too expensive and not worth it to ship it to you in Italy, if they can still make one for you.

I would say build it yourself, it's fairly simple.

Find the highest grade plywood in the smallest sheet you can get, preferably void-free marine-grade birch (meaning no knot holes) - 9-13 ply, if you can't get that try to find the highest grade fir or pine, again "void-free".
Get the dimensions from the opening, should be @ 25"(63.5cm)x 13 3/4" (35cm).
You can score some tolex from any local speaker cabinet maker or online fairly cheap OR just leave it bare and paint it black.
Match up you screw holes and pre-drill the back and install.

It's really not that hard and definitely gives your cabinet another tone quality.
Good luck !

\m/

I read the wood is baltic brich. tried to find some but I can't. What would be a good alternative? I immagine the type of wood is important.

I purchased a back panel for my 4x12 half-back, from Mesa, about 3 years ago. At the time, they still had them in stock. I don't know how much they'd charge to ship to Italy, though.

Mesa supplies the panel with tolex. The screw holes have already been drilled in the panel, and they supply the wood screws (course thread) too. I think it cost me around $75 shipped or something like that.

The panel will smooth/round the tone of the cab out some.

i was thinkink and i must ask you, do you think,that better combination is two 2x12HB or one 4x12 HB, proBably loaded with EVM...

Latest posts

Back