Guitars and heat exposure

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm; fundamentally, they are wood and trees seem to cope (unless they are on fire that is!).

I think the greater damger is sudden temperature changes (very hot to very cold etc) and humidity. Mine have got hot before and seemed to cope OK.

Hope you get through the fires OK; we're just coming into our bushfire season now, so I'll be gathering up my girls as well and keeping them in a place that facilitates a hasty departure...

Whenever I want to remove a part from a guitar that is glued on, I use heat. Heat will cause all adhesives to fail. It is just a matter of degree. It can also cause the finish to soften and take on an impression of the inside of the case. Again, a matter of degree. 120 is pretty hot, I would be worried more about the finishes at that temp.

rabies said:
Is it ok to leave an electric guitar in a car than may be as hot as 120 degrees during the day? I'm talking the whole day for a couple days or more.
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Your asking for it to be desrtoyed. Get it out of the heat.

Latest posts

Back