guitar for metal thats got some really good chunk.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackmesa said:
so whats the big deal about ebony fretboards, why is everyone raving about those? haha i got one just cuz everyone said they were awesome.

I hate ebony fretboards....I avoid them like the plague.

Not everyone raves about them.

I'll throw my vote in for PRS, my Ibanez has left its case once since 2004 after buying my Custom 22.

emg 81 in the bridge of ur carvin, thatll do it. i got a 600.00 godin and a esp m2 urban camo both w/ factory installed emg 81's , they sound tight & aggressive thru my rectos and mark 4 , they both chunk it up. a pickup change should do it.

Yeah I love my Carvin. Lowest action I've ever had. Also has a 24.75" scale which is sweet and the Kahler with stainless rollers rules. I just need to figure out what to do with those no-longer functioning toggles.

maybe a preamp boost could be wired to one, or afterburner....im sure your using one to split the coil on the 89, emg's got some cool stuff to mod ur electronics .......trick it out!

I was thinking of the afterburner but I'd have to drill out one of them. I have a push/pull pot for the 89. Perhaps an SPC or phase switch. There are just too many choices.

I play a jackson soloist live and it has some major metal tone, throw some mids into the eq and you have some chunk too. I also have a Santana III PRS I just dropped a seymor duncun trembucker in the bridge and Im getting a fantastic heavy tone from it now. Before it was a little warm and blusey for me distorted. I use the PRS Santana III and a 70's Musicman HD2-12 130 for my clean guitar tracks with studio work.

TONEWOOD is crap said by factores to raise their values.

In SOLID GUITARS amps and pups reign !

I had 3 different guitars,esp M2 deluxe,Jackson soloist and ibanez rg prestige 1527.
Different woods,different fingerboards but with the same evolution pickups.
Through my rig ( triaxis,gmajor,2.90) they all sound the same.
Now I changed 1527 evos for d activators 7 and now its tone changed.Because of the pup not wood. :wink:

The brand itself has no mojo but don't rule out Yamaha. They make a lot of mahogany guitars, the QC is incredible even though they're made in China, and the stock humbuckers they use are really, really good.

I have played this guitar:

http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/products/productdetail/0,,CNTID%25253D60165%252526CTID%25253D600004%252526CNTYP%25253DPRODUCT,00.html

and I'm going to buy one as a backup/'normal strings and tuning' axe because for the price it's just a ridiculously good instrument as long as you can live w/o a whammy. The necks are heavily finished, which some people don't like, but that's the way it goes with mahogany.

Back