ground

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
In the tremoverb manual on the MB site it says there is a ground switch on the back of the head... uh, mine doesnt have this. why??

DUDE YOU CAN NOT USE IT IF IT DOESN"T HAVE A GROUND SWITCH!!! I WOULDN"T EVEN TURN IT ON>>>YOU COULD GET 120V STRAIGHT INTO YOUR GUITAR AND YOU WOULD BE DEAD IN SECONDS.....

HAHAHA and if that was true that would be very very stupid....

Anyway....i don't know if this is it or not but the series 1 may have not came with ground switch? or somthing like that...it really isn't anything to be worried about but.....so you should just enjoy the wonderful delights of owning and using mesa......as i do and i love it....lol

nice rig btw Tom

thanks, but... i have a later version the tremoverb, a '98... and the manual doesnt specify what years that is for... but if they stopped making trems around my year i beieve, then why would the earlier models have one and the later models not?

Not sure what year they changed, but the earlier ones had it and later ones did not. I had a 98 that did not have it either. No worries :)

I believe it was 99 - 2000 timeframe that the Tverbs were discontinued.

I can recall looking at them new in the store shortly after college and the guy said they were going to stop producing them. Graduated in '99 so there is my deductive reasoning 8)

i like it a lot... i mean, i got it brand new for $100 so I can't complain... my other guitar was an epi les gothic but i HAD to have an SG. when i bought it, it had to be setup though cause it was giving me lots of buzz in the lower frets, but its all better now. the thing howls with sustain.. i'm going to replace the pickups though with a 57 classic + in the bridge and a regular '57 in the neck. I'm sure that'll give me much better tone through my Mesa : )

AFAIK, Boogie stopped making amps with ground switches for safety purposes. The switch was mainly for recording situations to get rid of a buzz.
Let me tell you, after drinking a few longnecks, and patting my bass player on the shoulder, I got a shock so bad it knocked the buzz right out of me!

Latest posts

Back