Greenback in MKIV widebody combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamme61

Reaction score
I know a green back is only rated at 25 watts, but right now with a full band, I'm barely able to turn the amp upo to 2 on the master volume and channel volumes no higher then 3. At these low volumes I'm still getting told to turn down. I have a stero 2x12 with one GH12 and one green back. Just playing through the green back, it sounds great using the MKIV. I wanted to know if anyone else uses a Greenback in their MKIV combo?

bump/// ok no GB guys, what about the new celestion alnico gold speakers? anyone try these yet?

Hope this helps someone out. FYI Greenback not as good as STK C90 in my MKIV widebody combo. The green back sounds sweeter, nicer highs and a lot better sounding mids,but, the bass is a problem, IMHO. The GB can't handle the bass and the bass becomes lose and loses a lot of punch. With the stk C90 speaker, it feels like you have a bass player, playing a long with you, compared to the GB. Also the C90 is louder with more punch and highs, still the GB sounds less harsh, and more vintage woody sounding. I think the new Celestion alnico gold might be a good match. That will be for someone else to try, to much money for me. I was only using the GB on tweed power in class A. At full power the speaker would not last to long IMHO. So the gb is a sweeter nicer sounding speaker except that it can't handle the bass. I switched back to the stk speaker, because over all it works the best for everything. Mesa knows best

Back