Graphic EQ question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcc

Reaction score
Anyone know of a pedal version that is equivalent to the Mark series graphic eq? Aside from my MIV I have a couple of other amps that I'd love to run a GOOD graphic eq in the loop with. By good I mean as effective as the MIV's, quiet, tru-bypass, etc... etc..

rcc said:
Anyone know of a pedal version that is equivalent to the Mark series graphic eq? By good I mean as effective as the MIV's, quiet, tru-bypass, etc... etc..
I don't know about equivalent but IMO the MXR-M108 ten band GEQ is better then the Boogies built in 5-band EQ. It's high quality, well built, dead quiet, and versatile (can be used in front of the amp or in the loop) and has both gain and volume controls to match the output levels to the input levels whether they're line or instrument level signals. I use one in the loop of my Mk IV, I prefer it over the built in five band. See it here:
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=248&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

There is no pedal exactly matching the frequencies, nor the level of true bypass. You'd need to invest in an expensive parametric EQ and pick out the frequencies, or make a compromise and go a for a simple EQ pedal.

gts said:
rcc if interested I have an MXR-M108 ten band GEQ I'd sell. (I have two)

Thanks, but I've owned one of those before and didn't care for it. Seemed like it wasn't very quiet and dulled things a bit or something. Hard to explain. Could have been that particular one of course, but...

Back