grailtone quest 80% complete, 2 more speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirksflooring

Reaction score
I've got the preamp(MB studio),i've got the tubes(two phillips jan 12ax7wa and two jjs) I've got the power amp(marshall 9100 monobloc), and today I purchased two celestion g12H 30 watt 16 ohm speakers on ebay for my 4x12 cab! They will handle the low and low-mid. Only two spots left in the cab and the obvious choice are 2 vintage 30's. I had to tell SOMEBODY, dammit. I am fuk kin psyched. My current speakers are the scum of the earth- it's all up from here. What I really want, frankly, is one or two celestion golds in the cab, but they're too **** expensive and to new to be on ebay. Vintage 30's should do, but I just wanted to ask- is there a better speaker for the mid and highs that I'm missing? Also, the vintage 30 is 60 watts and rumored to be loud. My other speakers are 30 watt. Do I need one or two for the high end in my 4x12? Any suggestions? I thought about getting a tone tubby for the lows, but they were too expensive. Fill me with your wisdom, grailtone seekers...

The grail you are seeking may not be the same for everyone.
Can you describe the sound you are looking for?
I may be wrong, but the vintage speakers would probably be best for speaker breakup. I could get that Boston sound pretty easy when I drove my vintage 30 peakers hard in a 4X12.

Latest posts

Back