Got my new ACE!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksalt7

Reaction score
Hey all,
Got me a Stiletto Ace last weeekend. I did have a very cool Express from GC and they called and offered me a NIB one if I brought the demo amp back. Well, who could say no to that? While I was there I was talking to my dude there and I wound up trading up to an Ace for the Express and my Super Reverb. I have waited 35 years for this!!!! The sounds I'm able to get after a week are just unreal. I basically can't play it enough. Thank-you Mesa for an amp that just does everything for me!! :mrgreen:

Thank-you Music Man. I really looked hard at the ACE because of some of your posts. Awesome amp!!!! My ES-355 just loves it.

MusicManJP6 said:
paytojt said:
MusicManJP6 said:
I agree. The Stiletto does it all!

Almost. :D I do miss the mighty Rectifier thump!

That's about all I miss about my RoV, actually... I can deal with that!

Yeah, I definitely like the focus of a Stiletto. With an eq in the loop, I can't complain. With good preamp tubes and careful eq'ing, the shrillness can be gotten rid of as well. I've got a great hard rock tone, but I'm still working on getting a metal tone that I know is in there.

The metal tone sure does seem elusive, although an OD in front really brings out the extra saturation/compression and the 'bounce' for palm muting (as I like to call it). I really can't touch a Metal tone without an OD of some kind (so far)...

I'm supposed to be getting a FULL Mesa re-tube set (for FREE) from the store I bought the amp from out of California. The amp was noisy and sounds a little dull so I replaced the V1 and V2 tubes with some spare Mesas I had and it helped but still not quite right. Anyway, they should be here today (hopefully) and I think they will help out some. I'll prob snag an RFT for V1 like Ibanez4Life did for his Stiletto. I'll leave the rest stock except maybe some SED EL34s... maybe.

Back