Got my Dual Rect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevenmetal

Reaction score
I finally got this baby Friday with the 4*12 cab and I must say that I'm overwhelmed by the sound it can produce. The clean channel is a lot better than I had expected. Having read a lot of reviews on it, I was expecting a crappy clean but was surprise to hear it. Even at high volume, I simply roll off my guitar volume a bit and it sounds amazing. The orange vintage channel is great for solos and for less gainy stuff. I love the roundness it has . Now for the red modern channel. I can't believe how much gain and potential this channel has. It's simply amazing!! I got the chance to crank it up this morning and man does this thing can get LOUD !

One thing is that I sometime hear a scratchy sound about 5 minutes after opening the amp but it never last too long. Do you think swapping the V1 preamp would solve the problem?

Overall I'm really proud of my amp. It's spring break this week so I'm probably going to play all day long :D

see ya

It's been one week now and the crackling sound hasn't gone away. It's present on all channel but more noticeable on the red one. I also notice that one of the power tube is glowing more the others. Is that a problem?

thanks

One of the tubes glowing more than the others is normal. No worries there! A crackling noise is usually caused by a/the preamp tube(s). You could try replacing V-1! Mesa recommends a SPAX7 for the 1st spot for quiet operation in a high gain amp!

Mesa recommends a SPAX7 for the 1st spot for quiet operation in a high gain amp

I'm new to the board as well but have owned several pieces of Mesa gear the last ten years. OOOOOHHHH... the experimenting with tone.
I run an SPAX7 in V1 in my 97 Dual Rec and it does an awesome job of keeping the noise/hiss gremlin down. I actually bought 5, put 'em in all preamp slots (not necessary), took 'em out, tried a few different ones and sold a few to some friends (they were stoked) and helped their noisey factor out. All were happy :D
Mesa SPAX7 in V1...it's great.

if its really bugging you,from the experience i have, def go see the dealer as my tube was messed up and they replaced it no questions asked. it was like an 100 dollar blow out that was more my fault than anything. mesa has amazing customer service.

Well I might go to my dealer to have a chekup but I think a would rather buy a SPAX7, I think it would be a better option.

thanks

Latest posts

Back