Goodbye Mesa.. Hello Orange!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jglover51

Reaction score
Well, I tried everything I could to get my Mesa Stiletto Ace combo to sound the way I needed it to: endlessly tested and adjusted settings, changed tubes, comined it with a different cab.. it just sounded thin at higher volumes. The Ace sounded great at bedroom levels- not so good at live/rehearsal levels.

So, I went to trade it for an older Dual Rectifier 2 channel head. Plugged in, cranked it and it was not at all my cup o' tea.

But there sat an Orange Rockerverb 50 head, almost glowing in the corner. Feeling kind of disappointed in the Dual, I decided to test out the Orange. From the moment I played it, I knew :mrgreen:. The amp was just so easy to dial in a great sound on both channels. And the REVERB!!! I could go on and on, but suffice to say I am beyond happy with the trade (although I had to throw in some cash since the Orange was new).

But thanks you guys for helping me out with all my questions. I hope the Orange forum is as cool as this one!

I love Orange amps--enjoy!! 8)

jglover51 said:
Well, I tried everything I could to get my Mesa Stiletto Ace combo to sound the way I needed it to: endlessly tested and adjusted settings, changed tubes, comined it with a different cab.. it just sounded thin at higher volumes. The Ace sounded great at bedroom levels- not so good at live/rehearsal levels.

So, I went to trade it for an older Dual Rectifier 2 channel head. Plugged in, cranked it and it was not at all my cup o' tea.

But there sat an Orange Rockerverb 50 head, almost glowing in the corner. Feeling kind of disappointed in the Dual, I decided to test out the Orange. From the moment I played it, I knew :mrgreen:. The amp was just so easy to dial in a great sound on both channels. And the REVERB!!! I could go on and on, but suffice to say I am beyond happy with the trade (although I had to throw in some cash since the Orange was new).

But thanks you guys for helping me out with all my questions. I hope the Orange forum is as cool as this one!

That's awesome man. I'm the exact opposite. I owned a Orange Thunderverb 50 for almost a year until I tried a Mesa Boogie dual rectifier (3ch). I liked the Orange but I'm more into high gain stuff and would always need a distortion pedal in front of it. Now I'm in heaven. It's worth trying other things. It's great that you found an amp that does it for you.

Nice man, Orange rocks i have a tiny terror head and is awesome...... but still, i got my perfect sound from mesa, so it is mesa for me. Good luck man!!

I think you should try an Electradyne when they arrive in your area, and then reconvert to the Dark Side.

Back