good thourough tech in ventura area?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmt

Reaction score
Anyone know a good tech in the Ventura Area? I want someone to take a real good look at my amp and make sure all of the components are in good shape. And I need a retube. I've been running this thing overly hot for as long as I've had it and I want to make sure its still ok. I've since learned to turn some knobs below eleven-teen....

If you don't feel like going all the way down to Hollywood, there's a place called the Tone Garage in Oxnard ran by a guy named Jay Collison. I had him do some work on my Mark IV.

He fixed a problem with the channel switching system that involved fairly major work, including replacing lots of non-tube components. He also did a retube and some cap work.

His rates are reasonable, he's a Mesa-authorized service tech, and he was pretty good about scheduling. Here's his number (805) 986-1808

I'll give him a call. I may have called him once before actually about something else. I just want someone who will be thorough.

Latest posts

Back