Good Stratocaster settings with Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtop

Reaction score
Looking for good settings to use with a Fender Stratocaster w/ stock pickups and Mark III combo. Any suggestions.

For a "classic" clean Strat tone on my IIC, I set Volume 1 to about 6.5 Treb to about 7 Bass to about 5 and Mid to about 4. Presence is at 5. Volume 1 is pulled for bright.

I know it's not a Mark III, but it's close. With a little reverb or delay and a touch of chorus gives a real glassy Strat clean sound.

I A/B'd with a friends awesome original 1966 fender twin reverb with the altec speakers. Now, I run my mark III through 2 theiel/ev cabs, but this was what I came up with...
vol1-4 pulled
treb-5
bass-3
middle-5
master-7
no EQ
reverb 10
presence-7-9 depending
Simulclass!! Or at least 6L6 in outer sockets....
I also found that turning the bass to 0 pulled, and pulling the "deep" adds a fat "honk" to the tone... Think Stones...
These settings with my USA "fat 50's" loaded strat. With the delta tones, you may want a higher treble setting, maybe 7, but no more.
Here's the kicker, turn up the presence to 10, and push the front with a good tube screamer, and you approach SRV tone!
Good luck!
ax. 8)

Latest posts

Back