Good price for Mark III black dot?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campersand

Reaction score
Hi all, first post to the board. I'm wondering if you guys could give me an idea of what a good price for my Mark III black dot would be if I was to sell it. It's simul-class, has eq/reverb and is in good shape. I also have a 4x12 "half back" Mesa cab with celestians in the top (not sure what's in the bottom). I looked on ebay but there aren't many of them there so it's hard to get a good idea of how much they go for.

This is not a "for sale" post, I'm just trying to get an idea of what to ask for it if I was to sell it. Thanks in advance!

The price of the cab really depends on the speakers. If you have EV's at the bottom, you will get a higher price than say 4 c90's. As far as the mark 3 goes, I would say that 800 +/- 50$ is about right. Goodluck!

Thanks a lot for the responses, guys. That's actually a little higher than I expected for the head, which is good news. Still not totally sure if I"m going to sell it but if I do, now I'll have a better idea of what it'll go for.

If your amp has the coveted 105 transformer, don't bother selling it. Send it to Mesa for the C+ mod and have an even greater amp. That's what I'd do anyway. Good luck.

~trem

trem said:
If your amp has the coveted 105 transformer, don't bother selling it. Send it to Mesa for the C+ mod and have an even greater amp. That's what I'd do anyway. Good luck.

~trem

How do I tell?

Look at the main transformer. There should be a "105" inscription on it.

~trem

It will say:

Mesa Eng.

105-162318

EIA606-XYZ (X- Year - YZ- Week of Production)

It would be about 3.5 inches thick as well. I dont have the exact
measurment on me, but is' a fatty.

Can the MarkIII's with the 105 tranny be modded to sound exactly like a C+, or only "more like a C+?"

Johnson said:
Can the MarkIII's with the 105 tranny be modded to sound exactly like a C+, or only "more like a C+?"

It may be difficult enough to get two IIC+'s ten serial numbers apart to sound the same. I'm sure Mike B. could get it as close as possible.

I'm sure that the differences in circuit boards, components and layouts could have both sonic positives and negatives, but either way they are pretty **** good amps. I have found that the earlier stripes have a bit of extra trebly buzz to them. For years I could only think it was the PT, but when I heard the Green Stripe it had none of the previous personal complaints about harshness. When I popped her open, Mesa had finally stopped using metal film resistors in every single posistion. I think the carbon films may have warmed it up a bit, plus the pentode wiring have decongested it to sound more open in the vain of the IIC+, possibly an audible deception to make it sound bigger. Just my opinion, or .03 cents.

Latest posts

Back