good compressor for single recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-BOOGIE_MAN-

Reaction score
Hey,
Im looking for a good compressor that doesnt suck your tone and transparent any recommendation?

Been looking into maxon compressor, and analogman compressor but the analogman seems a bit pricey.

I've been happy with my Vodka Mod Dyna Comp. The Keeley comps are pricey but really good... The BOSS ones suck as you might imagine. I've heard the Monte Allums modded CS-3's are OK though. Good luck.

MusicManJP6 said:
I've been happy with my Vodka Mod Dyna Comp. The Keeley comps are pricey but really good... The BOSS ones suck as you might imagine. I've heard the Monte Allums modded CS-3's are OK though. Good luck.

I tried boss ones, man they're bad!! i didnt like it at all.

the keeley comp. seems a bit more expensive than analogman, any one tried the analogman comp?

barber TONE PRESS

much love for my tone press.

parallel compression rules.
true bypass...
and doubles as a class A clean boost.
killer price.

If you want a compressor then wait for a Ross to come up on Ebay. The Grey are the most prized, but the black are identical in every aspect except the paint job. These are the holy grail of compressors so be prepared to spend some money, up to and over $300 (less for the black made overseas). I own two (2) of each and have never found another compressor that comes even close.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Ross-Compressor-Pedal-RARE-Made-in-USA_W0QQitemZ360040080883QQcmdZViewItem

A second option is the Analogman Comprosser. Basically a copy of the Ross circuit, but newer more precise components make it a little sterile.

http://www.analogman.com/rossmod.htm

Your other option was already mentioned, and that would be a Dynacomp with the Keeley mod. I also have one of those that I never use, only because I feel the tone is too bright.

gonzo said:
barber TONE PRESS

much love for my tone press.

parallel compression rules.
true bypass...
and doubles as a class A clean boost.
killer price.

+1.

-PJ

Haven't tried the Barber but I had the same requirement you stated (transparent) and found the Route 66 fit the bill. The Keeley comp I demo'd is a great product as well but it a bit pricey. I also use it as a clean boost as well and is very transparent. I use it on my recto and vintage silvertones.

Latest posts

Back