Good Cables

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artmusic

Reaction score
Now that I have the 4 cable system working with my GT-8 and LSC, can you give any input on best cables and where to get them. They really don't need to be the most expensive, just the best/most reliable. Thanks,
Art

Those look nice but a little out of my price range. Any feedback on the Mogami cables?
Art

I currently use Spectraflex for the 4-cm. I have Monster and PW also.

They work nicely and aren't that pricey.

I have Gepco ,as does my bandmate, from lavacable for all my cables. Excellent clarity. good construction.

Artmusic said:
Those look nice but a little out of my price range. Any feedback on the Mogami cables?
Art

the best easy-to-find cables. lifetime replacement - just walk into guitar center with the busted cable and walk out with a new one.

I actually worked at guitar center for awhile and those were the most reliable cables I had seen that you can just walk to any good music store and buy. plenty of good smaller companies out there but you'll need to do some online shopping

I got these from lava....Great stuff. Evidence audio. (Your Mesa deserves this)

lyhgweb.jpg

Enough is enough.... I can't calm my curiosity :D .

As a music store owner (we deal in Martin acoustics, not anything electric) I need to know waaazzzup with this myth/truth. I ordered one GLC cable(good), one Sommer Spirit (better), and 1 van hull intergrated (best). I'll compare these against each other and my planet waves $30 cable, and report back with my .02 - whatever its worth.

Maury

Maury said:
Enough is enough.... I can't calm my curiosity :D .

As a music store owner (we deal in Martin acoustics, not anything electric) I need to know waaazzzup with this myth/truth. I ordered one GLC cable(good), one Sommer Spirit (better), and 1 van hull intergrated (best). I'll compare these against each other and my planet waves $30 cable, and report back with my .02 - whatever its worth.

Maury

The difference good cables make can be subtle and many won't notice a huge difference. But then again, many don't notice the difference a fresh set of strings makes either. (to me this is a huge difference.)

Live with a good cable for some time running directly into your amp. Then go back and try the cheap cables again. You should understand at this point.

One last point. Why would someone pay $1-2K (or more) on an amp and god knows what on guitars and than toss in a $10 cable? I never understood this.

If your running 20 pedals and your amp on extreme gain settings you might not benefit from a good cable. If your running directly into your amp, (Mesa a good example) and want to hear the wood in your guitar and every detail your setup has to offer--a good cable is a must. If you can afford a Mesa and a guitar you can afford a cable.

I have had 4 Monster cables die on me.

I use a pedalsnake to get my pedalboard to my amp-----love that thing. I have had it for 4 years and the company sent me a second one because I had bought one of the prototypes and left a great review on it. I have never used the second one......

I just switched to Mogami cables as well. I bought two of them and like them so far.

I'm done with Monster cables.....

stompboxfreak72 said:
I have had 4 Monster cables die on me.

I use a pedalsnake to get my pedalboard to my amp-----love that thing. I have had it for 4 years and the company sent me a second one because I had bought one of the prototypes and left a great review on it. I have never used the second one......

I just switched to Mogami cables as well. I bought two of them and like them so far.

I'm done with Monster cables.....

Cables die, if u use them regularly. They are not meant to go on forever. But with monster cables just go to GC and change them...no questions asked. I have been using monster cables for a long time...they never died on me. What do you do to them? JUMP ON THEM?

Cables die, if u use them regularly. They are not meant to go on forever. But with monster cables just go to GC and change them...no questions asked. I have been using monster cables for a long time...they never died on me. What do you do to them? JUMP ON THEM?[/quote]

Funny, I wrote the same review for the Pedalsnake and that was the heart of the review.....all cables will eventually give out as will anything else man made.

I have just not had great luck with Monster cables no matter how many I return to Guitar Center.

I am glad your Monster cables have served you well. I don't jump on them.....but I have been known to beat immature gear geeks with them from time to time.

:D

stompboxfreak72 said:
Cables die, if u use them regularly. They are not meant to go on forever. But with monster cables just go to GC and change them...no questions asked. I have been using monster cables for a long time...they never died on me. What do you do to them? JUMP ON THEM?

Funny, I wrote the same review for the Pedalsnake and that was the heart of the review.....all cables will eventually give out as will anything else man made.

I have just not had great luck with Monster cables no matter how many I return to Guitar Center.

I am glad your Monster cables have served you well. I don't jump on them.....but I have been known to beat immature gear geeks with them from time to time.

:D[/quote]

yep quit the beating..and focus on playing :wink:

I won't buy any more Monster cables because I disagree with their business practices. However, they do sound pretty good.

I use George L's. They twist sometimes, but I've not heard anything that I thought sounded "better".

George L's in the pedal board/rack. they are so easy to work with and sound great.

I've had the same Monster Cable since '01 and it's still going after regular giging. It runs from pedal board to amp so it doesn't get twisted or pulled as much, I'm sure that's a big help with it's long life.

When it dies I'll most likely replace it with some George L's or another Monster.

Dom

Latest posts

Back