Gone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could reasonably ask $1K for the whole package, I think, and you'd be selling low if you went below $900. People on the board here might say that's a little high but prices here trend a bit low (and note, there's a rackmount kit in there, guys.)

If I were you I would hang on for a bit. Mesa has just stopped making short-chassis MkIVs, so prices for short heads/combos/rackmount kits may bump a little in a few months as this becomes common knowledge. Also, definitely think about selling the rackmount kit separately.

never go on consignment. They will give you $600 and sell it for $1200.

al3d, where in Canada besides the used section of long and mcquade are MkIII's $1400? (MkIV's usually go for $1400-$1500, though.)

I picked up a near-mint green stripe combo with an EVM and custom road case for (just) under a grand in Toronto two weeks ago. I could go into the amp-flipping business like GearMonkey. :p

hazbin said:
I B interested in the rack mount kit

Sure, $1000 and I'll throw in a free amp! j/k

I need to actually put the amp up for sale before I start parting out accessories, so depending on if/how that goes I'll let you know if it's available afterwards.

hazbin said:

:lol: at any given time at least 2 or 3 guys on the board are looking for rackmount kits... part that sale out!

AR said:
hazbin said:

Sure, $1000 and I'll throw in a free amp! j/k

I need to actually put the amp up for sale before I start parting out accessories, so depending on if/how that goes I'll let you know if it's available afterwards.

Cool!!

CoG said:

al3d, where in Canada besides the used section of long and mcquade are MkIII's $1400? (MkIV's usually go for $1400-$1500, though.)

I picked up a near-mint green stripe combo with an EVM and custom road case for (just) under a grand in Toronto two weeks ago. I could go into the amp-flipping business like GearMonkey. :p

I know the one you've got, saw it, the guy was very desperate to sell it, i asked why it was that low, and he needed to unload it realy fast. In QUebec at least, a MKIV is cheaper most of the time then a MKIII, maybe because MKIV are very common, and MKIII don't come very often.

I bought mine, a MKIII Blue Strip, 60w version, with EVM12L, new tubes, totaly mint, andi mean mint, from original owner, and paid 1200$, i was offered 1500$ by 2 friends the day after.

al3d said:
CoG said:

I know the one you've got, saw it, the guy was very desperate to sell it, i asked why it was that low, and he needed to unload it realy fast. In QUebec at least, a MKIV is cheaper most of the time then a MKIII, maybe because MKIV are very common, and MKIII don't come very often.

I bought mine, a MKIII Blue Strip, 60w version, with EVM12L, new tubes, totaly mint, andi mean mint, from original owner, and paid 1200$, i was offered 1500$ by 2 friends the day after.

Thanks for the info. Any chance your friends are still looking? I'll cut 'em a discount for the two replaced knobs...

AR said:
al3d said:
CoG said:

Thanks for the info. Any chance your friends are still looking? I'll cut 'em a discount for the two replaced knobs...

Problem is shipping from the US will be around 150$, and then when it cross the border, we get charged another 150$ for costum fees and taxe, so getting heavy expensive in the US is never a good deal realy

al3d said:
Problem is shipping from the US will be around 150$, and then when it cross the border, we get charged another 150$ for costum fees and taxe, so getting heavy expensive in the US is never a good deal realy

I only got dinged $12 extra when I got my purple stripe from Florida.

CoG said:
al3d said:

I only got dinged $12 extra when I got my purple stripe from Florida.

****..different rules here.

Latest posts

Back