Gojira and Recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get an older 2 channel Recto, gain around 2, boost in front and replacment tubes, such as JJ's or something else that are rated to run closer to the normal bias in your rec..

rabies said:
I wonder if that guy has modded that recto (e.g. with a MMOT?) I wasn't able to play those speed/thrash riffs on my RK1 even in silicon diode but I can with my Mark III.

Anyway, that band is tight as sh!t! Too bad I can't understand the lyrics! Supposedly some songs are about the envmt.

Also, bypass the loop so the master is run at full and change volume by each of the channels volume.

siggy14 said:
Get an older 2 channel Recto, gain around 2, boost in front and replacment tubes, such as JJ's or something else that are rated to run closer to the normal bias in your rec..

rabies said:
I wonder if that guy has modded that recto (e.g. with a MMOT?) I wasn't able to play those speed/thrash riffs on my RK1 even in silicon diode but I can with my Mark III.

Anyway, that band is tight as sh!t! Too bad I can't understand the lyrics! Supposedly some songs are about the envmt.

Yea I saw the recto looks like an older one. The other is a stiletto it pops up at 1:37.
I have read that MMOT help "tighten up the amp and add more clarity and dynamics" http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7350&highlight=mmot

That is not a stiletto, it is a old 2 channel recto with black diamond plate and chrome chassis, just looks like a stiletto in the video somewhat.

MetalMatt said:
Yea I saw the recto looks like an older one. The other is a stiletto it pops up at 1:37.
I have read that MMOT help "tighten up the amp and add more clarity and dynamics" http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7350&highlight=mmot

i friggin loe gojira. their recto tone is godly. one i get a booster pedal maybe i can get a similar tone too :D amazinng bang, mazing sound.. watch theire dvd The Link. its gold

they soudn soo much better live than on albums too IMO

BTW: untill i get a bosodt pedal any thing i can do to get a similar souidn as gojira has live? EQ inparticular i find when i turn it up it soduns too harsh

rabies said:
dude, i'm telling you people. i haven't bought an actual CD in a long time. only a few DVD's. eco-friendly mosh band! f%&# yeah!

anybody have an extra ticket for the sold out show tonite with LOG in anaheim?
Today is payday, if the little CD joint doesn't have it in stock, they'll be ordering it!!!

MesaENGR412 said:
rabies said:

small logo 2 channel.....great sound....they sponsored by Jackson guitars? And that double-bass is nasty!!!!!!! Great band!!!

it's actually a normal sized logo. it fills up the space...the small logos are practically indistinguishable from afar.

Yeah, they both had brand new 6505's. When bands tour overseas it's always easier to rent new stuff than to bring all your gear with you and try to get it to work with different power. Plus if something breaks down it's always easier if you're using something currently in production. I really have no idea but I would guess they recorded with rectos since that's what they always use back home. And it sounds like rectos to me.

I don't spend over $25 on CDs very often, but did for Gorjia (Terra Incognita). Those guys are killer!

Back