Going to try out a mkiv

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
After much tweaking and trying a few different pedal set ups I've decided to try out a mark iv. I seem to have a love hate relationship with my 3ch dual recto. I love the in your face recto punch and the huge bottom end but outside of that......... :? On a whim I called my local boogie dealer and they have a mkvi head in stock. I feel like a dork for getting caught up in all the recto hype and disregarding all the info about the lacking clean and lead capabilities. Most of the original music I play is down tuned chunky metal but last night at band pratice I busted out with (and this is a perfect example) I dont know by Ozzy and it just diddnt sound very good (tone wise). I wish I had the funds to keep the recto but it might go up for sale soon.

Don't base your judgements on a half hour at a music store. You usually have to work with the Mark IVs to get the great tone out of them.

Definitely take some settings with you to your music store and try out the Mark IV with various settings. Remember that it takes a while to finalize the personlal tone settings.

+1 on taking sample settings with you. The Mark IV has many great tones - it can also be very frustrating and sound bad. That said - it is one of my favorite pieces of gear.

Good luck

I'm in the same situation....put on order an a Mark IV a week ago...now the wait...

As soon as it gets here, I'm selling off my Dual Rectifier!

I wish they had one of these in stock when I was looking at rectos. I told the guy my situation with the recto and he said he could get jazz tones out of one. Whatever. I diddnt bring any settings with me but I could tell right away I gotta have one. Brighter and tighter. He didnt know if it has a series loop, does any body know? I played a med head through a vert recto 2x12 ( I have a horizontal 2x12 ) and a esp with duncans which I also have. The first thing i noticed was how bright it was, more mid/high focus. I diddnt do much tweakin on it but I already think my mind is made up. Im gonna go back with my LP and some settings before I make a final decision. I havent givin up on my recto yet, Im gonna play with it some more tonight but I cant afford both. sorry for the long post(s).

Back