going price for a mark 4 "A" head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropped_2_c

Reaction score
whats a good price i heard min. or about 1600+ unless you get a really good deal, i have seen some or most go or ask for about 900-1200( i ma not sure if it is an A or B head. help me with the price and mystique of the difference of the A or B besides the short head or long head version

Anything between 900 - 1400 is pretty realistic.. I wouldn't pay more than that personally.

It's all about the market.. 4 months ago all I could find were 'A's going for 900-1200 and no 'B's at all. Now it seems to be opposite and going for a lot more than they should. It's just a timing issue.

Read the stickied 'Mark IV thread' at the top for the differences between A and B.

Don't mind A or B, just try to get a good deal. They sound identical, if not, its just a matter of putting the highs somewhat down on the A's geq.

Aart said:
Don't mind A or B, just try to get a good deal. They sound identical, if not, its just a matter of putting the highs somewhat down on the A's geq.

agree..

Some of the best mk IV tone clips on this site are A's..

there really isn't a big enough different to warrant a difference in price..

Some A's go cheaper, but not because it's an A but because they're older and have more roadwear(i.e. tears and rips off the tolex and more dust).

Got an eBay account? If not, get one, and click:
http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=unknown&sbrftog=1&from=R10&guest=1&satitle=mesa+mark+iv&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=53511&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=3%26fsoo%3D2

Seriously, don't worry about the A or B difference. I've owned both and they really do sound identical.

I got a steal on mine... I have $850 in it (that includes shipping) and it is a MINT short head 'A' w/ footswitch and case...

I wouldn't have anything else!

Latest posts

Back