GMAJOR 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olivertfj

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having a bit of an issue with my Road King 2 and G Major 2. I am using the following setup:

Road King II
G Major 2
Roland FC 300
Korg DTR-1000

I have setup the GM through the amp's serial fx loop and my guitar is plugged directly into the amp. What my issue is when the FX loop is on and i am using the FC300's expression pedal for volume control (that is what it is assigned to on the GM), on channels 3 and 4 - the distorted channels - i can still hear a faint signal coming through the cab when the volume pedal is all the way down. It makes it almost impossible in a live situation to turn down the output volume while tuning. Also the tuner mute or bypass function on the gmajor seems to be unresponsive. Is anyone else having this same problem? I just set it up recently and am trying to sort it out but am failing. If anyone can help me with this that would be fantastic. Maybe I set it up wrong? I don't think that's the case as everything else seems to be working like its supposed to. Let me know if you need any more info to assist me.

Thanks!

That's odd.. The same thing happens to me, but that's because my Tremoverb only has a parallel Effects loop with the mix turned to 100%, so I'll always have some signal bleed through.
With a serial loop that shouldn't happen..
Try calibrating the Pedal again (on your FC 300 as well as on the G-Major) and be sure that your volume on the G-Major goes all the way from 0 to 127.

Now when talking about the Tuner Mute.. Just to get things clear, since it sounded like you used Tuner Mute and Bypass synonymously. They're two different things. The Tuner Mute you want is actually called Output Mute on the G-Major and you can assign a CC Channel to it in the Global Menu if I'm not mistaken. The Bypass is to take the G-Major out of your signal chain altogether.
If that's all set up right and it still doesn't work I can't really help you any more. It's already been 6 months since I set mine up and I can't even play around with it right now since my rig's about 60 miles away.

P.S. Sorry if I corrected you unnecessarily but sometimes simple misunderstandings like that could causeall the problems :D

I too have bleed thru.

Two Tremoverbs and a TC Electronic GMajor.

In addition if I A/B them instead of "Y"ing them I get bleed major bleed thru of the delays on the amp I have not selected.

How did you guys set up your unity gain.

I am struggling with this and Mesa was not helpful.

Not sure.

I can't hold Mesa reliable for an effect unit they did not build.

@ OP,

I know this doesn't directly address the issue of FX loop bleed thru, but why not use a tuner at the front of your signal train to mute the signal entirely during tuning? Just a thought.

Back