gig photo with the Lonestar Stack-New Photo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telemaster

Reaction score
Updated with a gig photo from last weekend with the Mesa Stack at the Wildflower Festival.

IMG_6022.jpg

Those festival stages are a blast. The sound is killer. We had a few thousand in the crowd at the Wildflower Festivals. At our 08 show they told us we had 35 min of stage time...then during our last tune the stage manager was giving me the "stretch it" sign from the side of the stage. I walked over and asked him how much and he said 'about another half hour or so, Benatar's drum tech just started changing the snare heads". So we ended up playing for about an hour. Rock and roll!

Telemaster said:
Those festival stages are a blast. The sound is killer. We had a few thousand in the crowd at the Wildflower Festivals. At our 08 show they told us we had 35 min of stage time...then during our last tune the stage manager was giving me the "stretch it" sign from the side of the stage. I walked over and asked him how much and he said 'about another half hour or so, Benatar's drum tech just started changing the snare heads". So we ended up playing for about an hour. Rock and roll!
Yep. Fun fun fun! Funny how far clockwise that volume knob can suddenly go on those big stages...

djw said:
Telemaster said:
Yep. Fun fun fun! Funny how far clockwise that volume knob can suddenly go on those big stages...

It is fun on those big stages. I honestly don't crank the volume all that much more then usual though. Opened for America and Charlie Daniels a couple of years ago and kept things about the same. What I love is the feeling of solos singing out from the massive mains and the sort of great surround sound feeling you get from a decent, mixed monitor system. It is a great kick.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=142667099&albumID=685655&imageID=12844532

If you check out the image here, you can see all the gear from Daniel's band behind me and my Lonestar just behind me.

Mark

toneguy86 said:
djw said:
It is fun on those big stages. I honestly don't crank the volume all that much more then usual though. Opened for America and Charlie Daniels a couple of years ago and kept things about the same. What I love is the feeling of solos singing out from the massive mains and the sort of great surround sound feeling you get from a decent, mixed monitor system. It is a great kick.
It's always nice to have a monitor system that outsizes your amp. The first time I went on tour with one, I started out by cranking my amp (my Marshall) as high as I could stand it, but pretty soon figured out that that guy off stage left in my peripheral vision was trying to help me hear myself with those big-*** wedges and mains-sized fills near the front of the stage... and soon it made sense to just get a nice tight level and let the fills do the heavy lifting. :)

Our stage mix was awesome on Sunday...along with wedges they had a monitor stack on each side of the stage and behind the drummers that gave us a huge on-stage mix. Take another look at the photo and look at the stack of monitors behind the drummers. We've worked that stage with that crew before and they always put that big monitor stack back there. (We were also working with two drummers for the first time, which was a total gas.) And the far left in the photo shows one of the side stacks. As far as turning up or down for different venues I never touch my amp settings. The rig is so dialed in I just leave it. The vol settings are tweaked for smaller venues where we don't monitor the amps thru the wedges and if we play a large stage like Sunday's gig the monitoring takes care of the extra boost we need to hear everything.

Wow, :shock: Now those are some side fills. Your rig looks angelic with the white/blond tolex. I count 7 guys in the band? :eek: Plus a 2nd drummer. The cut gets slimmer. :lol:

Right...seven of us. The 2nd drummer was added for that one show. We were booked to play an Allman Bros tribute set so we brought in the extra drummer for that.

Back