Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the most retarded reason I've heard. Set the **** thing to your birthday, address, etc. It's easier than remembering where the key is.

Fcal124 said:
If you bought a VOS Custom Shop, it comes with a different case.
Original Specs includes the case.
My 2008 LP Std has a much better case than my 1960 VOS

BTW, I hated the vintage finish. Dunlop 65 polish takes it all away. Now she shines like my 2008 (except for the PU covers)

Here is the case you get with a VOS.....I think it is a nice case. Good quality.

lespaulcase1.jpg

Lespaulcase2.jpg

i don't see the point of a lock, it's not like it will keep someone out of the case who really wants in.

nomad100hd said:
i don't see the point of a lock, it's not like it will keep someone out of the case who really wants in.

It's just to keep your kids and the drummer from messing with your guitar when you're not in the room.

yes those drummers always think they are guitar players... but I know quite a few guitar players that think they are drummers.... go figure! :p

thejay said:
cliff hetfield said:
i have one. nice guitar. took out the bb pros though. slapped in 496r and a 500t. the tone is heavy and punchy yet warm. a bit dark with the all-mahogany body with no maple top.
i like the worn brown finsh and it plays greatr. awesome backup guitar for me.

Would it be comparable to an Explorer or V??
similar. ive had an explorer. i find the lp vintage mahoganys tone fatter and slightly darker and warmer.

my guitar looks identical to jerry cantrell's in the aic 'would' video. everything from the no pickguard to the black open-coil pickups.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3FnQMSD4Zg

I own a vintage 1980 Gibson 335-S thats all mahogany w/ an ebony fretboard and its got the original "Drity Fingers" pickups and its a killer combination. Did I mention the factory coil taps? That fixes any dark tone issues.

Well I still like my LP VM with the BB Pros... so much so that I purchased another one for a killer deal. This time though I am replacing the pickups in it for some P94s just b/c I love P90s. I will keep posted on how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back