getting saved Mp3 audio files imported into Itunes/library

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferdeac

Reaction score
just wondering if any of you guys knew if it was possible to get mp3 files to play in i tunes. I have all of these Mp3 files (Every Rush album up to the last few years that I acquired at college back in the day :) ) on my G5 mac that I can play using this free Audion 3 player I acquired off the internet, but i want them to play in my i tunes library. I have tried many different ways to import them. I have change the import settings around on the i tunes software as well as the messing around with converting the audio files to aiff on audion etc, etc,. I set up my I tunes Initially to import Cd's using Acc coding at 128,. ON my I tunes Library all of my music files are Mp4. I thought maybe i could burn the mp3 from audion onto a disk and then insert it into my computer and then import it that way thats how I usually get music into i tunes unless i buy it from the i tunes store, but audion says i need additional software (something called roxio toast i think) to burn the mp3 files to a disc.

Any thought????

surferdeac said:
just wondering if any of you guys knew if it was possible to get mp3 files to play in i tunes. I have all of these Mp3 files (Every Rush album up to the last few years that I acquired at college back in the day :) ) on my G5 mac that I can play using this free Audion 3 player I acquired off the internet, but i want them to play in my i tunes library. I have tried many different ways to import them. I have change the import settings around on the i tunes software as well as the messing around with converting the audio files to aiff on audion etc, etc,. I set up my I tunes Initially to import Cd's using Acc coding at 128,. ON my I tunes Library all of my music files are Mp4. I thought maybe i could burn the mp3 from audion onto a disk and then insert it into my computer and then import it that way thats how I usually get music into i tunes unless i buy it from the i tunes store, but audion says i need additional software (something called roxio toast i think) to burn the mp3 files to a disc.

Any thought????

I do it all the time. I just go to File...add file to library (or add folder to library)...go to the folder the MP3 is stored and select it. Itunes brings it in automatically. I think there is even a way with the new itunes that you can set it so it automatically scans your hard drive for MP3s. Not sure though. I do it manually.

Mark

[/quote]

I do it all the time. I just go to File...add file to library (or add folder to library)...go to the folder the MP3 is stored and select it. Itunes brings it in automatically. I think there is even a way with the new itunes that you can set it so it automatically scans your hard drive for MP3s. Not sure though. I do it manually.

Mark[/quote]

tried this already for some reason it doesn't import them into it i don't know if some preference needs to be selected or what but believe me i have tried this. is it possible that some Mp3's are encripted or something? maybe There is some security on these particular mp3 files??

just open up itunes...click on your library....drag and drop the folder with your music into the library...simple as that.

you know what i think that they are WMA files and that is why i think they won't import because they are not compatible with the Itunes stuff

Latest posts

Back