Genuine Pre500? Worth it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schulzy

Reaction score
Hey guys

Ive have had some serious G.A.S. to buy another 2ch rectifier since i regretfully sold my 93 model a few years ago :( ..Best sounding recto ive ever had.
Its probably not the best time to collect another amp as i currently own the amps in my sig and i could probably do with the money in my bank atm but i just came across this rare item on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Rectifier-R0378-/260883849197?pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item3cbde39fed

Can anyone shed some light on it, Is it genuine? Did pre500's ever come factory 240v? What possible revision would it be? And most importantly is it worth it? Bear in mind the price is in AU dollars as i live in Aus, I have been casually looking for a 2ch recto recently and just missed out on a rev G that went for $1251 AUD :( which im spewin about because i prefer rev G cosmetically with the bigger logo and the ability to detach the power cord.

Thanks,
Brad.

Looks like the power cord has been replaced (no big deal) but other than that it appears that is a real Rev. C Dual Recto. Not sure about the tranny though. I mean it would make sense they sent the new (at the time) amp models all of the world. Ask Silverwulf. He would know.

This is a Revision D. If you liked your 93 Recto, this will sound as good as that one, and maybe a touch tighter as well. Forget about having a usable clean channel on this amp. It's virtually non-existant. It seems like a great find for Australia. If you have the funds and cash available and think the price is fair, go for it. You can always sell it and someone will snatch it up for sure. In America these sell for around $2000 US.

Latest posts

Back